Jedi Minute 83: Skywalk
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
April 29th, 2015
Vader looks at Luke, turns away and faces the commander, taking the lightsaber from the commander’s hand.
- Starts with the AT-AT walking up to the landing platform, and ends with Darth Vader revealing that the Emperor has been expecting Luke to surrender himself.
- Another gorgeous matte painting.
- The only appearance of the AT-AT in this movie.
- Only time we see the "door".
- Finally some safety rails.
- Commander Igar
- Paul continues his gag of pausing for a long time before finishing his sentence.
- The AT-AT acting as a bouncer or bodyguard for Vader.
- What non-space ship Star Wars vehicle would you want to own?
- Ewok safety railings vs. Imperial railings.
- Endor as George Lucas' Vietnam allegory.
- He was one of the picks to direct Apocalypse Now.
- Callback: C-3PO as Col. Kurtz.
- Where is Vader arriving from? Was he already on Endor? If not, Luke's sensing him (and potentially the Force itself) is made up.
- Where this meeting is taking place. Like the skyway (skywalk) at the airport.
- We're not 100% sure of who played Igar.
- ROTJ behind the scenes tidbits.
- Ewoks and the 1980's bear-themed toy market.
- Evolution of Star Wars Movies from 70's independent film to 80's blockbuster.
- Minute 83 of Empire: Luke is getting ready to leave Dagobah and go confront Vader.
- Bathroom break times in movies and dumping "exposition".
- 25:39 podcast episode length.
- Driving speeders slowly has been brought up before.
- For those listeners outside of North America, a "turducken" is also known as a "three bird roast", and is a chicken baked inside of a duck inside of a turkey1.
- Alex will reference a "find my father" app again.
- Paul "reveals" that the week's episodes might just be recorded back-to-back instead of one per day.
- Alex: D. V. on the DL.
- Paul: There's spacial problems sometimes. And I don't mean "outer spacial"...
- Paul: I'm looking at this Ewok, but I wish it had a tape deck in its back.