Jedi Minute 89: A Dog Stole My Car
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
May 7th, 2015
Paploo sails through the trees, more lucky than in control. It's scary, but he loves it.
- Starts with Paploo stealing a speeder bike, and ends with a speeder biker being tricked into being captured by the Rebels.
- Paploo is played by actor/stuntman Tony Cox in this scene.
- This shot was filmed by hanging him from the speeder bike vertically.
- Goofy fun music.
- Tony is in the elite group that plug something different every day. Shoutout to Matt Gourley.
- How does Paploo know what to do?
- When Star Wars tries to be funny. It's not good at gags.
- Mentioned: Spaceballs.
- "Fuzzball" vs. "furball".
- What the scout troopers are doing there vs. what they should be doing.
- Coolest stormtrooper variant costume? Tony is a fan.
- Rehashing the native fauna of Endor.
- Potential future coverage of the Ewok TV movies.
- Did all the speeder bikers need to go after Paploo?
- Do ships in Star Wars need keys to start? Sure.
- How Paploo was able to start the speeder bike.
- The scout troopers are getting progressively less effective.
- Bunker factoids.
- Support the Show. Call 8-DAY-GREEDO if you've found the bunker.
- 19:48 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: Ad for the Star Wars minute t-shirt, featuring our friend Chiptwick.
- Chiptwick will appear again in the future.
- Pete previously listed the native animals of Endor during minute 50. Tony was also previously a guest when the flora and fauna of Dagobah were discussed.
- The guys eventually did cover the first Ewok movie as a live special.
- Wrigley was the name of Alex's pug dog (deceased) who can be heard in the background of many early episodes.
- It is over 700 miles (about 1200 km) or a 12-hour drive from L.A. to Crescent City, CA, near where they filmed the bunker scenes. Unfortunately the area is unrecognizable due to clearcut logging. However, a local man who worked on the production took some of the fiberglass panels that the bunker was made from to use as a fence.
- Pete: Other than the Blasé tree goat it's unimportant.
- Alex:...they'd be making fun of you if your dog stole your car—is our car still out there? Pete: Wait, where's Wrigley?
- Alex: I have some information about factoids. Pete: Factoid facts!