Jedi Minute 91: Three-Jedi Monte
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
May 11th, 2015
The Emperor looks into his eyes and, for the first time, Luke can perceive the evil visage within the hood.
- Starts with Skeeve [Sheev] Palpatine welcoming them aboard, and ends with Vader giving Luke's lightsaber to Steve [Sheev] Palpatine.
- Referenced: Horcruxes from Harry Potter.
- Don't call it "A New Hope". Mentioned: New Coke.
- Pete's crazy theory that the Force doesn't exist.
- Wait, so is Luke's training complete or not?
- Referenced: "Greased Lightening".
- Vader is embarrassed by Luke talking back to the Emperor.
- The Emperor dismisses the guards. Where do they go, off to the break room?
- Their only purpose in the movies is to leave.
- Guard evolution.
- How much does the galaxy know about Palpatine vis-a-vis his mastery of the Dark Side?
- Sith facts:
- Other Dark Side factions.
- Darth Bane and the Rule of Two.
- The Rule of Two makes this situation awkward. It's like a shell game or Three Jedi Monte.
- What does the Emperor smell like? He's like the galaxy's greatest used car salesman.
- Sheev speaks slowly so he has plenty of time to come up with sick burns.
- Vader's breathing.
- Sign up to support the show on Patreon and get bonus episodes.
- 19:39 podcast episode length.
- Another 8-DAY-GREEDO call in the debate over moisture vaporators.
- During the TPM–AOTC hiatus, the podcast covered two minutes of the Star Wars Special Edition, but Joseph wasn't in either, but he did get to cover a minute of the Empire Special Edition.
- Joseph is a big fan of the character of Sheev Palpatine and does great impressions of him all this week.
- On April 25th, 2014, Disney discontinued the entirety of the former EU and rebranded it as Star Wars Legends.
- Joseph: ...and I am guest talking person Joseph Scrimshaw.
- Joseph: I feel like I've been away from you guys for a little while and you've gone nuts!