Jedi Minute 95: Thanks, Captain
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:22, 28 June 2021 by Khailovesthispodcast (clean up, replaced: the Falcon → the ''Falcon'', The Falcon → The ''Falcon'')
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
May 15th, 2015
The Falcon and the fighters of Red Squad veer off desperately to avoid the unseen wall.
- Starts with Lando saying "...we're coming?"
- Ends with the Emperor inviting Luke to look out the window.
- Rebel pilots:
- Gray 2 (Mr Negative) Lt. Telsij
- It's a trap!
- Blooper: TIE fighter flies through the Falcon. Corrected in the Special Edition.
- [All] Kraft Macaroni and Cheese™.
- Eiji Kusuhara, also in "Dr. Who" and Superman IV.
- Racial diversity in Star Wars.
- Adherence to (or more often, lack of any concern for) the laws of physics.
- A theoretical H-wing
- Deleted story idea where some ships crashed into the shield.
- Callback to the deleted scene in Star Wars where Luke is watching the battle with his macrobinoculars.
- Iconic lines.
- What exactly the trap is.
- "Trailer shots".
- The Emperor finally has something to do. He painstakingly engineered all of this, and now everything is coming up Palpatine.
- Birthday cake.
- It's so great that Luke wins through peace and hope by refusing to kill his father.
- 18:33 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: ad for starwarsminute.com/amazon, just in time for Father's day.
- It's a common misconception that sharks must always keep moving. While forward movement helps then to breathe, they have a muscular opening called a spiracle that allows them to breathe while at rest.
- "H-" and other "letter-wings" were brought up again on SWM:WE.
- For an excellent video about what the physics of real space combat would be, see the Because Science YouTube channel.
- Joseph: I'm Joseph Scrimshaw. I hate Ewoks, but we can still be friends. Right Internet? Alex: Icy silence from the Internet in response.
- Pete: Me and my nerd friends back at the nerd store...
- Joseph: I guess sector 47 is [F-wing] everywhere.