Last Jedi Minute 22: Skywalker's Thala Sea Siren Sow
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 2nd, 2021
Luke Skywalker’s Got Milk and we’ve got guest commentator Chris Radtke!
- Starts with Rey climbing the mountain and ends with Luke getting the hook.
- Mentioned: Ghoel!, The Islanders' #22 (Mike Bossy).
- This is the minute that made Chris pick this week of minutes. Although he's an Original Trilogy guy, if you were to ask him what his top two Star Wars minutes are:
- The first would be Palpatine's Darth Plagueis monologue.
- The second would be this minute.
- He likes them for their strong character development.
- Making a tongue twister out of the name of this creature: Skywalker's Thala-sea-Siren sow.
- Luke has been giving Rey the silent treatment all day. But in a "showing off" kind of way. He's trying to shock her into leaving him alone.
- Is the sea siren sentient? That changes things considerably!
- Luke's sports bottle. Mentioned:
Freddy Got Fingered.
- This minute is the turning point where now we fully realize that Luke is the crazy old hermit; nobody who is ok does what Luke just did.
- Regardless of whether or not he's doing this as a performance for the benefit of Rey, he's got real trauma he's dealing with.
- 26:18 podcast episode length.
- Pete: Off to the crags with you!
- Alex: (reproachfully, as the Thala-siren) You could buy a lady dinner first! Pete: What're you staring at, dollface? Radtke: It's a living!
- Radtke: [Luke is] like "Penn Station waiting room at 3:30 in the morning 'cause you missed the 1:00 train" [...] and it's a guy who definitely has the trauma [...] and who's definitely got some real real problems, but he also knows the audience is really susceptible too, so there's the dialing it up.
- Audio only