Last Jedi Minute 24: Trees
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 4th, 2021
Our first look at the sacred Jedi texts required we book Chris Radtke as our guest commentator!
- Starts with Luke being surprised to see Rey being called by the Force, and ends with Rey saying she knows this place.
- First appearance of the Temple Island Magic Tree.
- First books to appear in the Star Wars movies.
- People in movies always seem to react with terror when they hear vaguely sinister whispers (as opposed to just plain curiosity).
- The tree itself is the first Jedi Temple.
- Luke asks Rey "Who are you?" This is the central idea of her character in Johnson's vision; who she is doesn't matter, it's not all about bloodlines. But then J. J. walked back on that.
- Considering they must be so old, how could you possibly know that this is the first Jedi temple and the original Jedi texts?
- Maybe this is a haunted house that Luke set up last night.
Once Rey stops paying attention to Luke and starts following the call of the tree, Luke follows after her (showing that he definitely is doing this for attention).
- Luke having an antagonistic relationship with the tree.
- It's weird to keep books (made from paper) inside of a tree. Maybe it's Uneti wood paper.
- If a young person showed up at your door asking to be your apprentice what would your reaction be?
- Chris would embrace it as he has in the past. Mentioned: "Street The Retailer".
- Stories about Alex's comic book interns.
- Luke's nightmare is that a young person shows up at his door claiming to be the new chosen one asked me to be trained,and he says as much.
- Mentioned Baby Yoda and his continuing Adventures.
- Other times they say "who are you?" in Star Wars?
- 27:19 podcast episode length.
- Speaking of being "haunted by a Jawa", the "Jawa ghost" is a bit of a running joke on the Indiana Jones Minute.
- Radtke: (as Obi-Wan) —but look I've got a sand igloo.
- Audio only