Last Jedi Minute 27: The Case of the Rattling Water Bottle
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 9th, 2021
The Raddus drops out of light speed to find they have company — the First Order and All-Star guest commentator Jenna Busch!
Meda notes how old are Carrie Fisher and Oscar Isaacs in real life and how old are Poe and Leia in the movies does it fit with the rule of half your age plus 7.
- Starts with Luke leaving the Magic Tree (and the sacred text therein) and ends with FN-2187 asking how Rey will find them now?!
- Extensive discussion of Leia's Hydro Flask
- On real boats that have kitchens there are hydraulics that allow heavy equipment like stoves to sway with the waves so they don't rattle, but when the Raddus drops out of hyperspace everything rattles. You'd think giving all their other technology they'd at least have cup holders on their ships.
- The case of the rattling water bottle.
- Reference to the "Star Trek shake".
- Those water bottles that look like regular plastic ones but are re-usable because they're made of metal that they sell.
- Just before this, Luke drinks the green milk out of his Hydro Flask. Maybe it's part of a "twin" set with Leia's.
- From the cut to Leia we can tell that she's obviously feeling something heavy.
- It makes us sad to see Leia distressed because we think about Carrie Fisher's passing.
- She's more connected to the Force now than she ever was before.
- She's probably not feeling Luke's presence because he cut himself off from the Force, but maybe she's feeling Rey's.
- She's very empathic and connected to everyone around her. Mentioned: BoShek.
- Leia slaps Poe in the face. Sexual tension between Poe and Leia? Leia slaps Poe in the face. Sexual tension between Poe and Leia?
- Maybe slapping is part of the official demotion process. Referenced: Cher "slap out of it" (Cher).
- Oscar Isaac goes through a whole emotional monologue on his face in about 2 seconds.
- 34:36 podcast episode length.
- The kitchen on a boat is called the galley.
- Pete: No matter what you do, people are going to get angry at you.
- Pete (plaintively) I had to go, Why am I a bad dog?
- Audio only