Last Jedi Minute 68: Stampede!
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
May 5th, 2021
Guest commentator Tony Consiglio ducks for cover as the Fanthiers run amok and Ubbla Mollboro hits a high note!
- Starts with Temiri Blagg ushering the fa[n]thiers out, and ends with the fathiers trashing the/going to town.
- Jurassic teacup.
- How much of the fathiers' rampage is intentional (either on the part of Rose or the fathiers themselves)?
- Finn and Rose crash through solid walls and suffer no ill effects. The physical unreality that Alex referred to previously.
- Referenced: Indiana Jones, The Hobbit movies. It's like late-model Indiana Jones (i.e. Crystal Skull).
- The only one left standing is the droid serving drinks. It's very Jumanji.
- What if one of the fathiers had been planning this out for years? Mentioned: Reservoir Dogs.
- The best part of any movie for Alex is when animals run amok and destroy things.
- What if they kept the gag going in a galaxy-wide stampede that then spread to different Disney franchises. Mentioned: the end of Blazing Saddles.
- It seems like that the fathiers would incur far more damage crashing into speeders than they ever took as racehorses.
- Mentioned: Ratatouille. Rose has always wanted to ride a fathier.
- The sort of computer-generated mixed with live action uncanny valley of humans riding fake things in movies.
- Who's liable for all this property damage? Mentioned: the end of Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail.
- Showcase for an alien.
- Alien-human romantic pairings in Star Wars?
- The extended fathier chase.
- Fathier name report: Casual Retort.
- Have our hosts ridden horses?
- Tony had a bad first experience.
- Call 8-DAY-GREEDO and share your horse stories.
- Post your experience with horses on social media.
- 30:20 podcast episode length.
- As it happens, the minutes of Crystal Skull that Alex covered on the Indiana Jones Minute (at his request), were the those where Mutt swings from vines with monkeys.
- Ubbla Mollboro's floating pet is a Jekoon.
- Tony: ...oh! Well, let me go through that TJ Maxx window!...
- Alex: <gruff voice> Kid, some day you'll tell this on a podcast; it'll all be worth it!
- Tony: There's a lot of melee in all these minutes!
- Audio only