Phantom Menace Minute 17: The Chris Farley Part
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 15th, 2015
Jar Jar nods and joins the Jedi. Qui-Gon waves his hand.
- Boss Nass dismisses the Jedi, then shakes his jowls.
- What does the jowl shake signify?
- Cut dialog: No nocombackie law, and description of Jar Jar's "pune-ishment".
- Gungan Basic is hard to understand. We wish there were subtitles.
- Qui-Gon is a terrible Jedi.
- Psychoanalyzing George Lucas.
- Qui-Gon as an imperfect father figure.
- Mentioned: Chewbacca's life debt.
- Would you rather: A movie starring Dexter Jettster or Boss Nass?
- Both, as a road movie.
- Referenced: Black Sheep.
- Boss Nass would naturally play the Chris Farley part.
Brian Blessed facts Been in a billion things, but famous for Flash Gordon, "The Black Adder", Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Helped a woman give birth. As of 2015 (at the age of 78), he could bench press 300 pounds.
- Shoutout to Matt Gourley.
- Tony's Phantom Menace number is 1.
- COMMTech chips
- Tony's Rank the movies.
- Pete wishes the Gungan High Council was a barbershop quartet.
- Referenced: "The Music Man".
- Referenced: The TNG episode "Darmok".
- Support the show!
- 23:23 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: ad for starwarsminute.com/patreon.
- The first episode of Attack of the Clones Minute dropped on November 14, 2016.
- Tony actually does work for Whole Foods in addition to his comics work.
- Pete would later reveal on SWM:WE that he loves "The Music Man".
- This is the 394th regular season episode. If you count special episodes, it is the 408th.
- Tony: <horrible COMMTech sounds>.
- Alex: It took over 300 episodes, but I finally outed you as a nerd.