Phantom Menace Minute 25: Left Behind
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 25th, 2015 - Merry Christmas!
Obi-Wan attacks the guards around the pilots. Qui-Gon stands, fighting off droids as the others rush on board the spacecraft.
- Starts with Qui-Gon telling "the Queen" that it's time to leave, ends with Qui-Gon slicing up droids as they rescue the pilots.
- Obi-Wan's opening move: the double-kick.
- Sio Bibble gets left behind.
- He totally thought he was going with them.
- Spin-off movie: Sio Bibble Left Behind.
- What he gets up to after everybody else leaves.
- The rescue plan.
- At first Qui-Gon tries honesty. Guess it couldn't hurt.
- They could have taken the droids out in other more effective ways.
- Difference from the illustrated screenplay.
- The Federation isn't expecting any resistance whatsoever.
- Referenced: Katamari.
- Mentioned: Ric Olié.
- He would be much better if he were combined with Panaka.
Ralph's movie memories. He was 14. He saw it 2 or 3 times in theaters. He missed auditions for his high school's production of South Pacific because he went to see the movie. If he could make one change, it would be to make Jar Jar into a James Dean "Rebel Without a Cause" type.
- Jar Jar as a "shoulder angel" (or Devil).
- Allusion to the game Cards Against Humanity.
- Slapstick characters in Star Wars.
- Brief Toy talk.
- Alex once had all his Star Wars figures arranged by order appearance in the movies.
- Seeing the movies with people who have never seen them before to relive the excitement.
- Mentioned: The Execucisor
- Coruscant was first named in the old EU, but then became actual canon in this movie.
- Jedi policy on lying: they're okay with it and do it constantly.
- 29:09 podcast episode length.
- Amidala had six handmaidens (plus one in training) while she was queen.
- The flubbing battle droid actually doesn't have a name. We're fine with calling him OOP5.
- Coruscant was first mentioned yesterday.
- Pete: Ground quotes.
- Pete Good luck, Governor. Alex: (as Sio Bibble) Why thank you, I—Whaaaa??
- Ralph: (as the Queen) We were gonna take, like, the girls, and you're like kind of old and gross. So you stay here with your weird mustache...I left, like, all kinds of communication gear in [my room]; you totally would love it.
- Pete: (as Sio Bibble pretending to be a handmaiden) <falsetto voice> Ready to go, girls?
- Alex: <falsetto> Oh, Sio! You're so brave!
- Ralph: (as Sio Bibble) I'm the queen now; I can do whatever I want. If I want to eat ice cream out of the bucket I will! I can speak in whatever silly voice I like. <silly voice> Doodily doo! Sio Bibble!
- Alex: Very bold rescue plan: why don't we walk up to the battle droids and fight them?
- Ralph (as Alec Guinness' Ben Kenobi) If it weren't for my sacroiliac I would totally be kicking both of you in the face at the same time.
- Alex: WWJJD?