Phantom Menace Minute 26: The Phil Collins Vampire Look
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 28th, 2015
The ship exits the hangar. Battle droids standing in the hangar shoot at them.
- Starts with the Jedi finishing off the battle droids, ends with R2-D2 popping onto the surface of the ship.
- First appearance of Ric Olié.
- First appearance of R2-D2
- Direct quote: Another "How Rude!"
- We're now up to 4.
- Funny droid legs standing by themselves.
- Naboo starships
- The ship in this movie doesn't have a name.
- See also: What they named Death Star II.
- So shiny, especially compared to the 'dirty aesthetic' of the Original Trilogy. Matt's opinion that the set design is too crisp in the Prequels.
- Technology has advanced to the point where they can do a shiny spaceship in CG. Referenced: the T-1000 from Terminator 2.
- It would be cool to see a Galactic Civil War-era Naboo starship.
- Half of the freed pilots run back in the castle, and the others just climb on board the Naboo starship.
- "Captain Obvious". He only exists to shout out very obvious exposition.
- Wookieepedia describes him as "very vocally observant."
- Played by Ralph Brown.
- His confused (but also intense) performance.
- Pete reiterates that the character of Ric Olié should be combined with that of Captain Panaka.
- His action figure was available before the movie, and a lot of people bought it before they realized how small his part in the movie was.
- That widow's peak.
- Ralph Brown facts.
- Beach Boys tribute band.
- Ralph Brown facts.
- Cut storyline: tension and racism between the Naboo and the Gungans.
- Another cut bit: Jar Jar causes an R5 unit to commit suicide.
- R2 starts off as just a droid off the rack, and is plucked from obscurity.
- Mentioned: Can you come back tomorrow?
- Matt will be staying the night in Pete and Alex's hotel.
- Support the Show!
- 30:13 podcast episode length.
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call from Mailman Ryan. He loves Ric Olié!
- Matt is a returning champion.
- This episode was recorded in the "Laurel and Hardy suite" at the Hollywood Express Inn North.
- Matt does not end up getting the Naboo Diplomatic Barge minutes because it is within the first five minutes of the movie, when it is traditionally just the hosts.
- Microphone colors, and what they say about the hosts.
- We have yet to see a yellow or an orange lightsaber in on-screen canon.
- "Trucker Speed" are tablets sold mostly at gas stations to help long-haul truckers stay alert. The active ingredient is ephedrine (which is in the same family as amphetamine, thus "speed"). In the US, ephedrine is a controlled substance, and now most gas stations only sell caffeine tablets marketed as trucker speed.
- John "Johnny Appleseed" Chapman was an American pioneer and the subject of folklore. He is famous for introducing apples to much of the eastern United States and southern Canada.
- In Alien 3, Francis "85" Aaron is in fact a prison guard.
- The scene with Sio Bibble blue-screened in later comes from Attack of the Clones.
- Pete: "Oh, there's a missile."
- Pete: Teetering between toys and evil.
- Pete: Later Sean Connery was always on the trucker speed.
- Alex: Do some kind of space accent.
- Pete: "Prequel patois."
- Matt: <Nemoidian accent>
- Pete: (Paraphrasing Dr. Jones, Sr.) I should have mailed this to The Sklar Brothers.