Phantom Menace Minute 27: Tech Support
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 29th, 2015
The Naboo spacecraft races away from the Federation battleship.
- Starts with R2 popping out onto the surface of the Naboo starship to fix the shield generator, and ends with Obi-Wan stating that Tatooine is not in Federation territory.
- First time (episode order) that Tatooine is mentioned.
- The droids are expendable.
- We think of the droids as characters
- Another of Alex's pet peeves. Where is the camera that is filming the droids being destroyed? It's the exact same angle and view as we were just watching.
- It's like when people look through binoculars on a TV show and the view looks like two eye holes, when that's not what it really looks like.
- It's cool to see robots in space on the exterior of the ship. They are in their element here.
- Callback to The only scene with no digital alterations.
- Less behind the scenes info is available for the Prequels.
- Mentioned: What's a duck?
- Shoutout: Former guest of the show Anthony.
- Jedi spirit animals
- Obi-Wan: duck
- Qui-Gon: fish ("...always a bigger fish")
- Luke: Womp rat
- Anakin: sand.
- Mentioned: The Japor snippet.
- Callback to the Moisture Vaporators controversy.
- Once they get past the blockade, they're totally home free.
- Like in Dukes of Hazzard, where if they cross the county line, the sheriff has to stop chasing them.
- R2 fixes the ship just by plugging something back in. This is the standard Tech Support fix (unplug it and then plug it back in again).
- What is it that the hyperdrive is leaking? Hyperdrive juice?
- Contrast with the technobabble that Star Trek is known for.
- Lots of water-related stuff: Hydrospanners, alluvial dampers, moisture vaporators.
- Real bands in Star Wars.
- Mentioned: Superego The Empire Strikes Back commentary.
- 20:53 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: We've reached our goal of $3,000 per month on Patreon!!!
- New "-ize" every other Friday. There's one coming up this week!
- This is the episode where Anthony Dalto is named the official STAR WARS MINUTE "Star Wars Supplier".
- This is the first "Official correspondent of..." appointment to be made, but many more will eventually be established by SWM:WE.
- "Starship" (At that time they were "Jefferson Starship") were featured in the Holiday Special.
- "Lapti Nek" was written by John Williams' son, Joseph Williams. "Jedi Rocks" was written by jazz musician Jerry Hey, who also worked with Toto.
- "Alec Guinness" and "Irvin Kershner" as voiced by James Bladon and Matt Gourley appear together on Never Say Never Again Minute.
- Irvin Kershner is also going to stay the night and will be back tomorrow.
- Matt: ...and Lucas decided he wanted to fully represent Asians in this film...
- Alex: (as Alec Guinness) Well a duck is what gives a Jedi his power.
- Matt: Whatever this movie version is, I'm lost in it right now. I'm there and I'm watching it, and I'm having a great time. Pete: For the listeners at home, Matt is staring at blank TV. The TV's not on, and he's staring at it. Matt: Of course it's on, and it's beautiful.
- Matt: (doing his "Kersh" impression) The WAMpa, we had trouble with 'im because he's a tall man in there, but the costume's taller. So we put 'im on stilts, but he's in the snow! So he did die.