Phantom Menace Minute 32: Vanilla Yogurt
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 5th, 2016
Qui-Gon, Jar Jar, Padmé, and Artoo enter the dingy junk shop and are greeted by Watto, a pudgy blue alien who flies on short little wings like a hummingbird.
- Starts with the gang arriving in Mos Espa, and ends with a "peedunkee" being summoned.
- Tatooine's greatest hits.
- Staggering protocol droid.
- Discussion of other non-Threepio droids.
- The (in)famous poop scene.
- We meet Watto.
- J-type 327 mentioned.
- Matt sneaks in three plugs.
- Background characters not exploited to the same degree as in the Original Trilogy.
- The Poop Scene
- Whose poop is that? Jawa?
- Maybe it isn't like Earth poo. Maybe it smells really good, like vanilla yogurt.
- Mentioned: the Darth Jar Jar theory.
- Watto is a racist stereotype, but which stereotype?
- The physics of Toydarian flight.
- Matt's son looks a lot like young Anakin, and his son's friend looks like Kitster.
- 22:39 podcast episode length.
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call from none other than Watto himself.
- According to Wermo's guide to Huttese, "peedunkee" translates to "boy", but when it is spelled "peedunkey" (same pronunciation) it means "punk".
- The Ben Quadinaros action figure was released as part of Hasbro's Vintage Collection, Wave 10. It came packaged with an OTOGA-222 maintenance droid and sells for about $13.
- This protocol droid (and its CRAZY backstory) will come up again.
- Warwick Davis' character in this scene does not have a name and is simply credited as "Tatooine street trader". However, his on-screen nickname was "Grimey".
- The tall guy walking next to him is named Erdan. His entire Wookieepedia article is about how everyone thought he'd be good at basketball, but he wasn't.
- Apparently the Naboo Royal Starship is a modified J-type 327 Nubian. So that is the name of that class of ships. They were built by the Nubian Design Collective (also known as Nubia Star Drives, Inc.) and were powered by the T-14 hyperdrive generator.
- There is a planet called Nubia in the Nubus system where the Nubian Design Collective is based.
- Matt: "Peedunkadunk"
- Matt: It was "Morkum and Mindy"
- Matt: <city bus sounds> "I'm Ben Quadrinaros! [sic]" Bus breaks down.