Phantom Menace Minute 41: Tell Us Why You Hate Them
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
Darth Sidious and Darth Maul are walking along the balcony overlooking the vast city.
- Starts with the Jedi discussing Sio Bibble's message.
- Ends with Shmi talking about slavery.
- First time we see Coruscant in this film (Thus it is the first time in episode order).
- First time was see Darths Sidious and Maul in person.
- The catwalk on Coruscant actually has railings!
- Referenced: "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.
- We are told that the death toll is catastrophic, but we don't see this.
- We're not supposed to know that Sidious=Palpatine.
- Sidious put on his "evil robes" to talk to Darth Maul. What would happen if he left his normal senatorial robes on?
- Referenced: Darth Vader in Love and Peter Serafinowicz.
- Even though they didn't respond, Darth Maul was still able to track the signal.
- Qui-Gon is a bad Jedi, and doesn't know how email works in Star Wars.
- Maybe Ric Olié is secretly working for the Sith. Or he sent a reply that said "no reply."
- This movie has no Darth Vader, and no Death Star. There are no lasting stakes. Who is the "bad guy"?
- We could have had a parallel storyline of Darth Maul searching for the Jedi.
- Referenced: No Country for Old Men, "Rick and Morty".
- Darth Maul is a fake-out threat, but it would have been nice if they built him up as if he was not. He's underdeveloped; why does he hate the Jedi? Tell us why you hate them.
- Cut dialog Darth Sidious: "May the Force be with you."
- Why does Sidious want the Queen to sign the treaty? If it's just a smokescreen, why is he sending Maul (his closest confidant?) to force her to sign it?
- Shmi is a terrible conversationalist: her starting dinner conversation is about the bombs inside every slave.
- 23:29 podcast episode length.
- Dan labels himself an apologist of the Prequels, though this is not borne out by his comments. He will later call in to the hotline to apologize.
- Oliver Ford Davies (Sio Bibble) played Cressen on Game of Thrones.
- According to the DK Star Wars Episode I Incredible Cross-Sections, Obi-Wan is at the pilot's station in this scene.
- For a list of former EU topics that have been reintroduced into canon, check out this article from io9.
- There never was a 12-inch Ric Olié figure, but they did release a second 3 ¾" figure in 2012.
- Dan: (as Qui-Gon) <talking into his "Communicator"> I wonder if this has ever been pressed against a woman's inner thigh?
- Dan: (in a nerdy voice) At last master, we'll have our revenge! Hoo!
- Dan: (As Qui-Gon) Don't respond to that email! That's how they get you.
- Pete: So what you're saying is it's like a phantom menace.
- Dan: (as Shmi) Just so everybody knows, somewhere in my body, a monster has placed an explosive device. Alex: Death is imminent at all times.