Phantom Menace Minute 42: Say The Crystal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 19th, 2016
Jar Jar attempts to snare another bit of food from the bowl with his tongue, but Qui-Gon, in a flash, grabs it between his thumb and forefinger.
- Starts with the dinner conversation about exploding slaves; ends with Anakin saying that no one can kill a Jedi.
- Another direct quote: (3rd) "How wude [rude]".
- We're up to 8.
- Dan has issues with the dialog.
- Anakin is very jaded about the fact that he has a bomb in his body.
- Jar Jar says "excuse me" after doing the tongue thing. Why, specifically?
- Nobody reacts.
- They leave room for the audience to laugh here.
- Jar Jar is here to keep the kids entertained during the talky scenes.
- C-3PO, by contrast, shuts down when Ben and Luke are talking about the Force.
- Padmé is just playing with her food. Was this an acting choice or is the actress just bored?
- Dan believes that Jar Jar represents what George Lucas must have been like as a child.
- Like a kid with a joke book at his parents' dinner party.
- Qui-Gon says Anakin must have Jedi reflexes, then demonstrates Jedi reflexes by catching the tongue.
- Ham-fisted foreshadowing.
- Anakin's weird compliment to the Jedi in his house.
- Laser Sword vs Lightsaber.
- Pulling back the veil vs. over-explaining.
- All the fans wanted to know the backstories to things like "the Clone Wars", knowing full well that it was better left unsaid (the problem is in the execution).
- 23:32 podcast episode length.
- Dan is part of a run of L.A.-based guests.
- Another important usage of the word "human" is in "human-cyborg relations".
- Although General Grievous, Han Solo, and Finn are the only non-Jedi to wield a laser sword in canon, R2-D2, the Imperial AT-AT commander on Endor, and Maz Kanata also handle them. See: Return_of_the Jedi_73#Luke.27s_Lightsaber for more on this.
- Dan: Thank goodness I just happened to be wandering around the neighborhood. Pete: I know traffic is weird around here.