Phantom Menace Minute 78: Hors D'oeuvres of the Sith
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 9th, 2016
The ramp closes, and the Naboo craft rockets away, leaving the Sith Lord standing alone.
- Interesting shot: lightsaber duel from far away
- Callback to The Empire Strikes Back?
- Panaka steps on Ric Olié's exposition
- Force Jump onto the ship
- Anakin meets Obi-Wan (should be a chilling moment, but isn't)
- Applause break
- How weird would it be to have a random boy tell you to suddenly take off
- Mentioned: The Assassin
- Callback to cut Treadwell scene from Star Wars
- Extreme brevity of the lightsaber duel
- The shiny newness of the ships in this movie (in contrast with the Original Trilogy)
- Referenced: What If
- Callback to yesterday and discussion of 'Obi-Wan only' draft
- A whole different suite of Force powers
- Discussion of Ewan McGregor nude roles
- Why did they leave instead of trying to finish off Darth Maul?
- Easy historical irony in film
- Issues with the Prequels: Anakin's journey from innocent boy to Lord of The Sith
- 30:35 podcast episode length.
- Although the B-19 was a real plane, only one was ever built1. Alex may have been referring to the more common B-17 or B-29 bombers, both of which had rotating gun turrets.
- "I'd say at most it's like a shrimp on a plate - it's not even really an 'appetizer' appetizer." - Alex
- "Where's that guy with the lightsaber battles? That was so delicious but it's nothing." - Alex
- "Jar Jarringly different" - Pete
- "Pete is Legends now." - Keith
- "Ewan, baby, we got some bad news." - Alex