Phantom Menace Minute 79: Spider Chair
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 10th, 2016
Nute sits in a strange, mechanical walking chair, which approaches Sio Bibble and several other Naboo officials.
- "Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi".
- Artoo is the only one to grasp the significance of the meeting.
- Spider chair.
- Cut line: "Let's hope Watto didn't get the last laugh".
- Rumors of underwater villages.
- Jake Lloyd/Anakin's brown-nosed delivery of "Pleased to meet you!"
- What makes Anakin think Obi-Wan is a Jedi?
- Pete's closed loop time travel theory of Artoo's omniscience.
- How did the Sith and the Jedi know the proper training for lightsaber dueling?
- The Jedi assume the Sith are extinct.
- Ryan gives us the first day of cellular biology.
- Mentioned: Marvin the Paranoid Android from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books.
- Shoutout to: Fellow paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould and the idea of non-overlapping magisteria, Rehtul Minnau (Nathan Hamill's character), Josh Flanagan & Ron Richards.
- Callback to TPM Minute 52: George Lucas himself proposed that maybe the Jedi are wrong about midi-chlorians.
- Referenced: How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, a classic Slinky commercial
- Why only rumors? If there was tension between the Naboo and the Gungans, why don't they sell out their enemies?
- Why don't Gungans fight droids in water? Homefield advantage?
- Ryan re-tells his Phantom Menace memory.
- 40:24 podcast episode length.
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call from Mark invoking Ring Theory to compare minute 79 of TPM to minute 79 of the Star Wars Holiday Special
- The way that Pete has Anakin asking various objects if they are also Jedi is reminiscent of the popular children's book Are You My Mother?.
- Pete: "So here's a good way to ruin Star Wars."
- Alex: "If [you] can tackle it, or be stepped on by it, you're good."
- Pete: "Perfectly regal."
- Pete: (Normal voice) "You're a Bigfoot, aren't you?" (As Jar Jar) "Uh-huh!"