Phantom Menace Minute 94: Theology Fanfic
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 31st, 2016
Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon stand before the twelve members of the Jedi Council.
- Starts with Amidala walking out on Sheev and the senate, and ends with Obi-Wan declaring his readiness to take the trials.
- Shot of Yoda's hump.
- Some Jar Jar slapstick would be appropriate in this scene.
- At this point, Sheev has basically won.
- Samuel L. Jackson's performance in these movies.
- The Jedi are really negative in this scene. Is the council supposed to be corrupt and impotent, or do they just appear that way to us?
- Things might have worked out better if they had prevented Anakin's training, or formally trained him in the Jedi school.
- The Jedi are set in their ways.
- Discussing Anakin's fate right in front of him. He reacts with anger.
- The five stages of becoming a Sith.
- Jedi therapist.
- The Jedi code
- Key mantra
Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force
- Mentioned: Leigh Brackett's draft.
- Jedi Oath
I, [State your name] do swear on my honor,
and on the faith of the brotherhood of knights,
to use the Force only for good, denying,
turning always from the Dark Side;
to dedicate my life
to the cause of freedom, and justice.
If I should fail of this vow,
my life shall be forfeit,
here and hereafter.
- The Force "fan-nonfic"; Theology Fanfic.
- Anakin as the spoiled teacher's pet.
- Mentioned: Rankin/Bass Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- Odd prescience by Frank Oz: "Soon you won't even need me..."
- The Trials. Do you just need to kill a Sith Lord?
- Phantom Menace Number and rank the movies.
- Plug for the Star Wars Minute Listener's Society.
- 32:50 podcast episode length.
- M: I'm sorry, did you just ask for another prequel?