Revenge of the Sith Minute 88: Business Ship
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 14th, 2018 (Pi day!)
OBI-WAN flies away from the planet Utapau in General Grievous's tiny Starfighter.
- Starts with Obi-Wan stealing a car, and ends with Artoo and C-3PO reunited at last.
- Brief interlude with Anakin and Padme.
- Referenced: Back to the Future.
- His Jedi ship left without him, so he steals the Soulless One (General Grievous' car).
- The ship Grievous arrived in was his business ship; this is his personal fighter.
- Referenced: Another happy landing.
- Which is your favorite Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan?
- Kelly says Revenge of the Sith Obi-Wan is Peak Ewan McGregor. Referenced: Ewan's cable show "Long Way Round".
- Ewan McGregor's acting succeeds against long odds. Compare with other actors in this film and in the other Prequels.
- The regressive maternity leave policy on Naboo.
- Alex's opinion is that queens having babies in secret is more dramatic than senators having babies in secret.
- Why, from an out of universe storytelling perspective, is Padmé not the queen anymore?
- Referenced: You wouldn't download a car.
- Obi-Wan calling Space Jimmy Smits is inverse-parallel to Leia's message to Obi-Wan on behalf of her father.
- Back-up messages in case the first one didn't work.
- Mentioned: Alex was wrong from earlier, Pete edit that out.
- There is no way that R2 could fit in that ship. C-3PO walks in front and blocks our line of sight.
- Referenced: the Popeet "Amazing Food Storage" infomercial (1987).
- 28:39 podcast episode length.
- When this episode was first posted, it was incorrectly labeled as Minute 87.
- This is the third season in a row to have an episode air on Pi day.
- Grievous' personal fighter was visible earlier during the Obi-Wan vs. Grievous fight.
- Pete: (re: the Soulless One) It's his midlife crisis sports car.
- Kelly: …all the various space chickens are coming home to roost…
- Kelly: Tortured love scenes are m'jam.
- Pete: Why did I just confuse Yoda and R2-D2?
- Pete: (doing a Star Wars PSA) Hey kids, don't hologram and drive.
- Alex: (as a clone trooper) "…these Wookiees are dead".