Revenge of the Sith Minute 88: Business Ship
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 14th, 2018 (Pi day!)
OBI-WAN flies away from the planet Utapau in General Grievous's tiny Starfighter.
- Starts with Obi-Wan stealing a car, and ends with Artoo and C-3PO reunited at last.
- Brief interlude with Anakin and Padmé.
- Referenced: Back to the Future.
- His Jedi ship left without him, so he steals the Soulless One (General Grievous' car).
- The ship Grievous arrived in was his business ship; this is his personal fighter.
- Referenced: Another happy landing.
- Which is your favorite Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan?
- Kelly says Revenge of the Sith Obi-Wan is Peak Ewan McGregor. Referenced: Ewan's cable show "Long Way Round".
- Ewan McGregor's acting succeeds against long odds. Compare with other actors in this film and in the other Prequels.
- The regressive maternity leave policy on Naboo.
- Alex's opinion is that queens having babies in secret is more dramatic than senators having babies in secret.
- Why, from an out of universe storytelling perspective, is Padmé not the queen anymore?
- Referenced: You wouldn't download a car.
- Obi-Wan calling Space Jimmy Smits is inverse-parallel to Leia's message to Obi-Wan on behalf of her father.
- Back-up messages in case the first one didn't work.
- Mentioned: Alex was wrong from earlier, Pete edit that out.
- There is no way that R2 could fit in that ship. C-3PO walks in front and blocks our line of sight.
- Referenced: the Popeet "Amazing Food Storage" infomercial (1987).
- Padmé's outfits. She's kind of in a space muumuu most of the movie.
- Referenced: the Juggernaut, Marvel, and X-Men.
Kelly's Revenge of the Sith memories: She did see it in theaters and remembers loving it, but almost nothing else about it (even who she saw it with). She liked it more than the other Prequels and was relieved that it was better than AOTC.
- Kelly ranks the movies. There are currently 9 films as of this recording. Referenced: "The Twelve Days of Christmas".
- Kelly gives some unsolicited script notes for Rogue One.
- Kelly will be back tomorrow.
- Plug for https://starwarsminute.com/merch
- 28:39 podcast episode length.
- When this episode was first posted, it was incorrectly labeled as Minute 87.
- This is the third season in a row to have an episode air on Pi day.
- Grievous' personal fighter was visible earlier during the Obi-Wan vs. Grievous fight.
- Pete: (re: the Soulless One) It's his midlife crisis sports car.
- Kelly: ...all the various space chickens are coming home to roost...
- Kelly: Tortured love scenes are m'jam.
- Pete: Why did I just confuse Yoda and R2-D2?
- Pete: (doing a Star Wars PSA) Hey kids, don't hologram and drive.
- Alex: (as a clone trooper) "…these Wookiees are dead".
- Kelly: I got two priorities in the Star Wars universe: dope clothes and cuteness.
- Pete: (to Alex, using Tarzan syntax) No you host. Them listener.