Star Wars Minute 41: Death and Torture
(Redirected from SWM 41)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
July 29th, 2013.
Luke returns home to a grisly scene and Leia gets interrogated.
- Grisly close-up in this minute.
- TIE fighters and Death Star corridors debut in this minute.
- Nature of the attack on the homestead.
- The 'Ben attack' conspiracy theory and how the attack went down.
- Ben and Uncle Owen not liking each other.
- The fate of Treadwell.
- Does Luke feel survivor's guilt following the attack? Mars thinks he feels rage and it slowly builds inside him.
- Mark Hamill's windblown and high hair line (mentioned by Pete).
- Luke's general reaction and feelings in this scene; there seems to be a lot going on.
- The different camera wipes used in these sequences and if they mean anything.
- Star Wars toys and how people approached collecting them (sorry everyone!).
- Growing up with Star Wars and how different people discovered it.
- A preferable viewing order of the movies - 4 5 1 2 3 6.
- The prequels and related matters.
- Corridors (mentioned by Pete).
- The guys walking with Darth Vader (alternately known as Death Squad Commanders, Death Star Commanders, Star Destroyer Commanders) and what their purpose is. Escorts for Vader?
- Vader has to duck to enter the cell. Design fault? Admiral Motti trying to annoy Vader by making the ceilings and doors just a little bit too small? The Death Star being a scale model for the real Death Star (Death Star II in ROTJ)?
- 22:03 podcast episode length.
- Mars is the youngest guest on the podcast up until this point.
- Referenced: The parody called Troops based on the TV show Cops. This is one of the first Star Wars fan films.
- Mars: And I am Mars Wong from Lower Manhattan.
- Alex: We're getting kind of off our charter here.
- Alex: C'mon you guys we've got a job to do here.