Star Wars Minute 51: With Pleasure
(Redirected from Star Wars 51)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
August 12th, 2013
Han murders Greedo, the Death Star sets sail for Alderaan, and the droids hide in a closet
- Greedo does not shoot in this minute.
- One of the only times you see physical currency in Star Wars.
- Leia's resistance to the mind probe.
- Iconic shot - contemplative Tarkin.
- Nobody reacts when Han shoots Greedo.
- Or rather, they look up, see it's only Greedo, and then go back to their drinks
- Is murder that commonplace? Why do people even come to the cantina then?
- What is an appropriate tip for cleaning up a dead body?
- Harrison Ford's acting (is good in this scene)
- Is the mind probe a force thing? Or is it the torture ball?
- Referenced: Cyclops and HavoK (his younger brother) from X-Men
- Mike's Star Wars fan fiction
- 14:48 podcast episode length
- The hosts clarify that 8-DAY-GREEDO should be used for calls about upcoming minutes so that calls can be played on the show.
- Alex will bring up the possibility of Han's gun having a stun setting again in ESB minute 20. Asterios finds this unlikely.
- The Liberace looking guy is named Yerka Mig.
- The torture droid and the mind probe are also discussed in minute 42.
- Pete: "That's the family friendly restaurant - all the others are much worse."
- Alex: (As Wuher the bartender) "Finally a classy guy comes in here!"
- Pete: (As a suddenly remorseful Solo) "Please help! My friend's been shot!"
- Mike: "That's just so Greedo."
- Pete: "Honey, have you seen my hand saw?" Alex: "I hear it's... quite a thing to see."
- Pete: "Look for Liberace."