Star Wars Minute 76: Casual Fingers
(Redirected from Star Wars 76)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
September 16th, 2013.
The princess grabs Luke's gun and fires at a small grate in the wall next to Han, almost frying him.
- Starts with Stormtroopers trying to get out of an elevator door with a dead Stormtrooper in their way and ends with Leia deciding that somebody needs to save their skins.
- (Aside from Alex) C-3PO definitely does not have his restraining bolt on by this point.
- Han mentions 'hell' again in this minute.
- The Stormtroopers are not sure what to do as they spill out of the elevator, given the dead body and all. This whole Death Star sequence is not the Empire's finest moment - the hosts discuss how the post incident report might sound.
- Could other prisoners in the cell block hear the commotion and were they disappointed when they weren't rescued as well? Or is Leia the first and only prisoner? If the latter, this means that a) the prison officers would have been excited to have their first prisoner and b) everything still had that "new prison smell".
- Imperial prisoners are probably not held for long prior to execution given the Empire's track record.
- Why are the Stormtroopers even shooting at our heroes? There's no escape route (that's already been established) so surely they can just wait them out. The Stormtroopers are probably just really excited and nervous.
- Leia is a jerk to Han almost immediately.
- Can C-3PO physically "give the finger"? What else can C-3PO do with his hands?
- Stormtroopers are knocking at the door.
- Carrie Fisher is acting against invisible laser bolts very well (although Alex points out that the prop guns do make bangs and emit smoke so maybe she's acting to that). Alex's true view of Carrie Fisher is finally revealed.
- The sewer grate is a very obvious edit without an actual explosion or shot hitting it.
- The garbage chute is to be discussed in the next podcast episode.
- 12:14 podcast episode length.
- Joe mentions that Lucas likes to take movie tropes and flip them on their head. For example, in this minute instead of having a bunch of highly trained commandos executing a well defined plan he has a bunch of goofs just stumbling through it.
- Referenced: Stripes.
- Alex: So you're Joe the Retailer. Pete: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Joe: I wouldn't go that far.
- Alex: Pol Treidum are you alright? Pete: Come in Pol Treidum.
- Alex: That's two 'hells', two severed limbs and one "I've got a bad feeling about this". Pete: And one Pol Treidum. Alex: There can only be one Pol Treidum.
- Alex: During the sign-off "Here on the Star Trek Minute".