Star Wars Minute 90: The Shower of the Universe
(Redirected from Star Wars 90)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
October 4th, 2013.
Vader brings his sword down, cutting old Ben in half.
- Starts with everybody trying to get to the Millennium Falcon and ends with the culmination of the lightsaber duel.
- Our heroes can find each other but the Stormtroopers can't find them. Perhaps Ben is influencing the Stormtroopers (and maybe our heroes) with The Force. Don't mix them up by accident!
- The Force as a rationalization for just about everything in the movies.
- Leia matches Han snarky comment for snarky comment; the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Luke just has to watch.
- Luke asks Han "Is the ship alright?" when they're just looking at it. Or maybe Luke can't tell given that it's already a piece of junk.
- Han says that "he hopes the old man got the tractor beam out of commission" <sic> twice in two minutes. Is this Han's new catch-phrase?
- Listener project: Dubbing all of Han Solo's iconic lines with "I hope the old man has got the tractor beam out of commission".
- A very human moment when the Stormtroopers see the lightsaber battle and just stand around and watch it.
- What would Vader have done if a Stormtrooper just simply shot Ben? Actually, do they even know what's going on at this point?
- Does Darth Vader have his lightsaber with him at all times? How are lightsabers powered? Batteries?
- Lightsaber licenses in the Star Wars universe.
- Ben Kenobi's motivation in letting himself be killed. Becoming more powerful; traumatizing Luke; fully harnessing The Force and becoming one with it; to help the Rebellion?
- Ben "haunting" an item that Luke is carrying around with him.
- Ben disappears but no other Jedis do, including in the Prequels ("Sorry Pete"). Why is this? And does he disappear before being struck by the lightsaber? Because of The Force.
- R2-D2's wonky legs that don't roll or work very well; you can actually see a) them move in the wrong directions and b) the supporting bars in certain shots.
- Obi-Wan leaves his cloak behind when he disappears but then is wearing it when he reappears as a ghost. How do Jedi Ghosts work?
- Does Luke know that Ben is fighting Darth Vader? Pete refers to the radio drama in which Luke is surprised to find out that it was Darth Vader.
- Does Leia know that Darth Vader is fighting Obi-Wan Kenobi?
- Is Darth Vader a "famous" person? Not many people seem to know him at this point.
- Alex had a friend that thought Ben had fallen through a trap-door in the floor (naked, given that he left his clothes behind) to escape.
- 16:15 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open: 90 minutes into Star Wars!
- Thanks to and from Adam for the week. Visit nerdgeekdork.com for more.
- Plug for Star Wars Minute on Twitter.
- Adam: ...from nerdgeekdork.com - and something clever.
- Adam: He's like the shower of the universe.
- Alex: As naked Obi-Wan using the Jedi mind-trick on the Stormtroopers "You are not looking at my wiener".