Star Wars Minute: Weekend Edition 99
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Episode||Next Episode→|
Pete and Alex talk about alien invasions and slash fiction
February 25th, 2017
- Follow Alex @ARobTwit. NOT @ComicBookAlex.
- Pete has set up a new recording studio in his basement.
- It may evolve into a "man cave".
- Shoutout to former guest of the show Stuart Wellington.
- Thanks to Meredith Woerner for this past week!
- Next week we have new guest Hal Lublin.
- Hal does a podcast called "Tights and Fights", so Pete and Hal had a good wrestling chat.
- George "The Animal" Steele passed away.
- Pete and Alex will be going to Celebration (either as guests or performers, it's not yet clear).
- 40th anniversary of Star Wars, 20th anniversary of the Special Editions.
- Rumor that the original Theatrical Releases will be available.
- "Spontaneology": What three things would you ADD to the Special Edition of Star Wars?
- More "Wormie"
- Throw the "What is She Proposing" guy into the General Dodonna briefing.
- Show the scene of Chief Bast escaping the Death Star.
- Have Owen and Beru explain why they look so old.
- Add in more ethnic and species diversity into the Rebellion.
- The fate of Jar Jar Binks: It was revealed in the new Aftermath novel, but the hosts haven't read it and speculate instead.
- Commissioned officers in Star Wars.
- Rogue One on home video will not include the cut scenes.
- Time jumps for future trilogies (episode X-XII)?
- Harry Turtledove and alternate histories.
- Alex wants an invasion of crazy aliens Star Wars movie.
- Reference to the Expanded Universe Yuzhang Vong plot.
- Han Solo standalone movie cast photos.
- Pete is optimistic, but wants more BoShek.
- What changes would you make to the Prequels?
- Make it not Chewbacca in Revenge of the Sith, but some other Wookiee.
- Add a scene where the Jedi cast doubt on the Midi-Chlorian theory.
- Digitally restore Yarael Poof.
- Pete's namesake Peet Deretalia and Jessika Pava (x-wing pilot in TFA, Blue 3) were featured in someone's femslash fiction.
- Shoutout to listener K. Jelly, who posted the centerfold of Jack Thompson (Cliegg Lars).
During the Roll Call
- Alex's Blu-ray player broke during the move.
- Alex's top 3 Vonnegut novels, and Pete's top 3 Sci-fi novels.
- The use of the Force and the way it works in Rogue One.
- Alex and Pete's favorite moments from the Prequels are both from Revenge of the Sith.
- Rank the bounty hunters.
- Alex: (as Uncle Owen) You know Luke... I'm only 45 years old. This sun is murder on your skin. Take care of yourself; wear that floppy hat of yours... Pete: A wise man once said "This sun is murder on mesa skin."
- Pete: As a wise toddler once sang to me "let it go."
- Alex: Bor Gullet is my copilot.
- Pete: I want to see Blob Jedi.
- Alex, then Pete: Bring the Porkins.
- Alex: Shove it into Jamie Farr