Star Wars Minute 20: The Wiener Card
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 28th, 2013.
Minute 20: R5-D4 is hauled away, R2-D2 is sold to Owen, and Luke takes the droids home to his garage.
- Starts with the smoking remains of R5-D4 being hauled away to be sold for scrap or repaired and ends with Luke and the droids in Luke's garage. Luke is taking care of R2-D2, C-3PO is in the oil bath, and they're all chatting about where they are and what's going on.
- "Biggs" is mentioned for the first time.
- Other references to Biggs (and Tank) in the film.
- C-3PO goes on about R2-D2's virtues until Luke basically dismisses him.
- Pete's hypothesis that a series of R2-D2 noises means "Hi (or hello), I'm R2-D2". Who else R2-D2 is introduced to during the movies.
- Meaning of "Thank the maker": Referring to Darth Vader, a droid religion / deity, a general droid colloquialism, human language patterns or a reference to humanoid belief systems? Alternatively, C-3PO is fishing for general information from Luke.
- Luke says that if there is bright center of the 'universe' then Tatooine is the furthest from it.
- The word "Tatooine" is never mentioned in Star Wars. It is said in ESB and ROTJ.
- Luke's T-16 Skyhopper in the background (it cannot be seen in the scan and pan version of the movie). It is also not parked in the garage in Episode 2 ("Sorry Pete").
- Luke is a dork, sitting next to his car (the Skyhopper) while playing with a model of his car.
- Topps' infamous C-3PO trading card based on a camera shot from this minute.
- Luke Skywalker vs Han Solo: Who's more crushable? Which of the two characters do viewers identity with? Comparison of character arcs and traits throughout the original trilogy.
- According to io9, the so-called wiener card was an accident and not the work of a disgruntled artist.
- Read more at http://io9.gizmodo.com/5910424/the-curious-case-of-the-vulgar-c-3po-trading-card (article includes a link to the infamous card).
- Tricia's 4 year old daughter loved Ewoks when she watched their part of ROTJ.
- Thanks to Tricia for the week. Tricia would most like to come back for Han's "we're all fine here" scene (see SWM 74).
- Alex: Not that anyone is going to watch the prequels again.
- Alex: I'm already cringing... We can't do Return of the Jedi Minute because I cannot spend 4 weeks talking about Ewoks.
- Pete: Every man's struggle deep inside is his battle with his inner Luke and his inner Han.