Star Wars Minute 52: Shady Secondhand Goods
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
August 13th, 2013
Luke sells his landspeeder, pursued by the Empire's sinister agents.
- Jabba the Hutt does not appear in this minute
- Unless you count "Marvel Comics Jabba" who is walking through.
- CZ-3 returns(?)
- Still looks goofy
- This time he is played by Anthony Daniels
- Homeless Jawas
- Garindan, the Empire's sinister agent
- This episode brought to you by LessAccounting.com
- Is Tatooine part of the Empire? Do the stormtroopers have jurisdiction to open locked doors?
- City vs. desert Jawas
- This scene of Threepio and Artoo in the Star Wars Radio Drama takes place in a used droid lot.
- And the sale of the Landspeeder is gone into in more detail.
- Long shot of Luke selling the speeder
- Although Wookieepedia will probably tell you differently, Greedo is back from the dead the very next minute after he was killed.
- Character/creature design plays into our anthropocentrism - good guys are human or cute, bad guys are weird-looking aliens.
- Referenced: Yosemite Sam from Loony Toons
- Mentioned: 94, Secret Rebel Agents
- 23:18 podcast episode length
- The alien who buys Luke's landspeeder is named Wioslea. She is on the original SWM shirt.
- Contrary to popular belief, goldfish have excellent memory, far exceeding three minutes.
- The hosts circle back to analyze the Jabba scene from the Special Edition in SW Special Edition Minute 54: Boogie
- The hosts request that someone keep track of the secret Rebel agents. Sounds like a job for the SWM wiki!
- Pete: It's the part of the movie where I've been sleeping with your wife and now we have to have dinner and be all civil. It's like, 'So... uh-'" Mike: "Alex is mine! Alex belongs to me! Now that I'm here and I have a few things to say."
- Pete: "See, who says there aren't enough women in Star Wars?"