Star Wars Minute 6: The Spice Mines of Kessel
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 10th, 2013.
Minute 6 of Star Wars: A mysterious hand fiddles with R2-D2 and Darth Vader chokes a dude.
- First instance of Darth Vader choking someone.
- The Spice Mines of Kessel are mentioned.
- This minute starts off very quietly as C-3PO stares down the corridor. Nowadays a scene like this would be much noisier.
- Hosts discuss C-3PO seeming not to recognize Princess Leia. They conclude that he knows who Leia is but not what she looks like.
- C-3PO pauses when he sees Leia with R2-D2 as if not to interrupt them. This may be due to his protocol programming (i.e. don't interrupt) or maybe he's just programmed to physically not see Leia. The hosts ponder what the entire movie would be like if it was the latter.
- Why does R2-D2 lose all his 'gadgets' between the Prequels and this movie?
- Referenced: The flux capacitor from Back to the Future.
- Perhaps the blockade runner can travel through time.
- Being sent to the Spice Mines of Kessel is punishment for droids. Have C-3PO and R2-D2 already been there?
- 9:33 podcast episode length.
- First ever guest on Star Wars Minute.
- ToCo has gone on to host the Mayocast, Tony's podcast all about mayonnaise.
- Captain Antilles to be discussed in the next podcast episode.
- Tony: And let the record show I don't have any podcasts.
- Pete: I don't know what you're talking about, this is the first Star Wars <movie> that we've seen.