Empire Minute 29: We're Doin' It, Dwight!
(Redirected from The Empire Strikes Back 29)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 20th, 2014
Wedge's speeder races through the legs of one of the monstrous walkers.
- Introduction of Wedge for the film.
- This is actually Denis Lawson's real voice this time.
- First live communication (presumably) via hologram.
- Wilhelm Scream.
- Given that Luke is a terrible commander, Wedge is probably irritated in this scene.
- Wedge is Rogue 3 - he received no promotion for helping blow up the Death Star.
- Referenced: Fredo Corleone from The Godfather movies.
- Alex's pet peeve: Janson does a great shot and smiles here, so he is a great shot and a practical joker in all of the Expanded Universe.
- Wedge is a front-seat driver
- Referenced: Queequeg from Moby Dick
- But seriously though, why do the snowspeeders even have harpoons?!
- Maybe to tow the ion cannon around?
- Cocky Veers
- Is he actually talking to Vader live? or a recording of him?
- Unintimidating Vader holograms.
- "Which Rebel should you be?" personality quiz.
- Mentioned: Deck Officer.
- Rogue Squadron is now thought of as "cool" but was it the bad assignment when Luke was Rogue Leader? Comparison to the "Miracle Mets".
- Ian Liston (Janson), John Morton (Dak), John Ratzenberger (Maj. Bren Derlin), and Jack McKenzie (the Socially Inept Deck Officer) were all in A Bridge too Far together.
- Adam is firmly pro-Empire Strikes Back.
- Star Wars is The Hobbit to The Empire Strikes Back's Lord of the Rings
- 15:47 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: ad for the dollar shave club.
- Pete says "Star Wars..." leaving a long pause, which left an opening for Alex to pretend to close the show
- According to Wookieepedia, Janson is from Taanab.
- Alex hasn't seen RoboCop, or Robotech. It's funny that he blindly agrees with the comparison made by Adam.
- Alex: "Come on, Janson release the cable!" and he's like "I know! I'm the gunner! I know what to do."
- Pete: You know, it takes a village... to be destroyed by an AT-AT.
- Adam: I like how you went from Robotech to RoboCop. That, that works too. Alex: "Robo—" and then I stopped listening.
- Adam: How'd they get in Gandhi?
- Alex: I thought about Empire recently. For some reason I was thinking about Empire Strikes Back.