Phantom Menace Minute 61: Bag of Planets
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 61)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 15th, 2016
Anakin's engine floods and coughs – then dies. All the other Podracers except one swerve around him and disappear down the track.
- First of two whole weeks (ten full minutes) of podracing
- Sebulba sabotages Anakin then literally twirls his mustache (à la Snidely Whiplash).
- Graxol Kelvyyn is the tallest practical costume (11 ft tall) in the film.
- Death of Mawhonic.
- Final 8-DAY-GREEDO call from Andrew in L.A.
- First attempts to come up with a collective names for SWM fans.
- Threw "SWiMmers" out there.
- Description of pod race from original draft.
- Many names reused and shuffled.
- Likened to rearranging the deck chairs on the (space) Titanic.
- Mentioned: Star Trek.
- Referenced: "Mickey" by Toni Basil, Batman climbing walls in the original Batman TV show, Revolution 9 (Wrong show).
- 36:37 podcast episode length.
- "Kelvyyn" sounds like "Kelvin" which J.J. Abrams (who directed Episode VII) tries to work into each of his movies. This is an interesting bit of foreshadowing since Abrams did not work on The Phantom Menace.
- Pete: A lot of the garbage stayed the same.
- Alex: Behind every great man spouting gibberish is a tired, harried woman.
- Asterios: Am I having a stroke right now?!
- Alex: Ask your doctor if Mysturall is right for you.
- Asterios: (à la Montel Jordan) This is how we do it. This is how we ruin the movie.
- Alex: People hate when we talk about the Toy Dampner.