Attack of the Clones Minute 92: Dooku's Latch
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 21st, 2017
COUNT DOOKU smiles.
- Starts with Count Dooku entering the chamber where Obi-Wan is being held and ends with him Dooku wishing that Qui-Gon were still alive.
- Pete having the deaths of major characters spoiled for him.
- Qui-Gon's death is spoiled by the soundtrack.
- Chrysanthe listening to the Phantom Menace soundtrack on repeat.
- Obi-Wan's energy shackles.
- The texture of this scene.
- This scene actually has two good actors getting to talk to one another. Callback to the Separatist cabinet meeting with of people who weren't there.
- Christopher Lee/Dooku is intentionally bad acting.
- Flash forward: Traitor!
- Ring Theory: around this minute in ESB is when our heroes are captured on Cloud City.
- Dooku plays the "Qui-Gon" card.
- This is the first time we learn about the relationship between Qui-Gon and Dooku and thus with Obi-Wan.
- Dooku is famous. He's one of the Lost Twenty.
- For Chrysanthe, Obi-Wan is the definitive Ewan Mcgregor role, and it's weird seeing him in other movies.
- The design aesthetic of the floor in stark contrast with the walls of this room.
- George Lucas' pronunciation of 'Dooku' (note: see below). Alex mispronouncing "Zam Wesell".
- Follow the show on social media.
- 21:22 podcast episode length.
- Infamously, Pete had the death of Han Solo spoiled for him mere hours before seeing The Force Awakens.
- You can buy a replica Dooku cape clasp on Etsy.
- You guys! The territory belonging to a count or a countess is called a county.
- Fun fact: in the British Isles, counts are called 'earls' from the Viking word 'Jarl', but their wives are still called countesses and their territories are still called counties because there are no equivalent words in English.
- Pete: ...Now I have to buy the ".clom".
- Chrysanthe: (on Dooku's latch) It's like, regal as hell.
- Chrysanthe:...there are some people, that I don't know, but have a podcast, that pronounce [Zam Wesell] completely wrong.