Ewok: A Live Adventure!
Guest commentators Dan McCoy, Stuart Wellington and Jenny Jaffe help us analyze 1984’s ‘Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure’ Live as part of NYC SuperWeek. A family crash-lands on Endor, and the parents get captured by the Gorax. Their children must team up with the Ewoks to rescue them.
- Originally aired November 25th, 1984.
- Different naming conventions.
- Theatrical release in Europe.
- Narrated by Burl Ives, the voice of the Holidays
- This movie was somehow the second-highest rated ABC movie of the year.
- Stereo simulcast on some radio stations.
- It couldn't be any clearer that "Endor" is really Northern California.
- During the show, the hosts attempted to dim the house lights, but it was either all or nothing, leading to a momentary blackout. They ended up choosing to keep all lights on.
- Pete was suprised by the inclusion of the picture of Stuart's wife as a child, who kinda sorta looks like Cindel.
- The slide of Wicket dancing on the table is an animated .gif, and they just let it go for a while.
- Stuart: Night falls on the moon of Endor. Pete: For those of you listening at home, everybody just went blind
- Jenny: He [the Gorax] just looks like Klingon Hagrid.
- Pete (as Burl Ives): "Deej will find his sons using this skin glider"
- Jenny (as Cindel): "Do YOU have Space Cruisers?" Pete (also as Cindel) "That's not a Space Cruiser! That's a horse!"
- Pete: That's how you get special fluid!