Deep Blue Sea Minute 57: You Should See Ice
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
April 1st, 2014
Russell tries to talk some sense into the team.
- Starts with Michael Rapaport shouting at Saffron Burrows about whether or not they should try and escape to the surface, and ends with Samuel L. Jackson giving a rousing, inspirational speech.
- Quotable line: "You think water's fast? You should see ice."
- There have only been 4 deaths so far. They really need to ramp up the killings.
- Michael Rapaport's accent sounds like it's from Queens, NY. It reminds Tony of his childhood.
- Referenced: Raise your right hand.
- Spoilers: LL Cool J takes care of two of the sharks.
- The sharks giving a rousing emotional speech just like Russell.
- If Samuel L. Jackson has a goatee, his survives the movie, but if he does not, then he dies.
- Sam Jackson was originally cast as the Chef, but his manager said he was too good for the part, and so the director created the part of Russell for him.
- Too bad, the Chef is a great character.
- Deep Blue Sea drinking game: drink every time Mike says "Saffron Burrows".
- 12:25 podcast episode length.
- This was the first April Fool's Day episode, and would set the pattern for future April Fool's Day episodes by covering a non-Star Wars film minute by minute. The STAR WARS MINUTE homepage was temporarily replaced with the homepage of the fictitious podcast "Deep Blue Sea Minute.
- As revealed in minute 140 of Revenge of the Sith, this episode was recorded at Alex's house, before he moved to Portland.
- Mike: Analyze, scrutinize, and rhapsodize...
- Tony: Was that my cue?