Phantom Menace Minute 108: The Wilhelm Lottery
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
Anakin hides behind one of the Naboo fighters, ducking as large bolts whiz past and explode near him. Padmé and the two Jedi destroy battle droids right and left.
- The Wilhelm Scream appears in this minute.
- Todd: Why do we never see the weapons manufacturers in Star Wars? (Lots of Death Star discussion).
- Discussion about who are the protagonist and antagonist, and that one reason the movie fails is because it's not clear.
- Where do R2D2's legs go when he gets sucked up into the ship?
- Yet more discussion of Amidala's accent: does it change to match who she's talking to?
- The ship plummetting to the ground is very Wile E Coyote. Apparently, the time between Wile E Coyote disappearing from view and the "poof" when he hits the ground is always exactly 18 frames. Todd wondered if it's the same here.
- Comparing the "As you wish" that Boba Fett says to Darth Vader in Empire to the "As you wish" from The Princess Bride (which means "I love you").
- Brief discussion of Boba Fett's sex life.
- Mentioned: Jaws, Bill Clinton, Wile E Coyote, The Princess Bride.
- 55:32 podcast episode length
- This episode currently holds the record for longest episode by a single guest.
- Todd: "I shouldn't be watching a Star Wars film saying 'Who is that? What's going on? What is their function?'"
- Alex: "I'm going to stand in the window. Please plug in my dress"