Attack of the Clones Minute 35: A House on Elm Street
(Redirected from Attack of the Clones 35)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 30th, 2016
Jocasta Nu taps the keyboard and frowns.
- Starts with Obi-Wan telling the librarian he's looking for "Kamino" and ends with a droid yelling at Artoo, saying "No droids".
- Jett Lucas, playing a young padawan.
- The cook droid.
- Can robots give/receive therapy?
- Is Anakin supposed to be under cover? He still has the Jedi haircut.
- Alex empathizes with people who follow the rules when other people around them are breaking the rules.
- More galactic astrography, including the location of the Rishi Maze.
- Space keyboard.
- Referenced: The SNL sketch spoofing Sarah Palin.
- The laziness and the arrogance of the Jedi in this era.
- Obi-Wan going back to his room and listening to the space equivalent of "Dark Side of the Moon" (A House on Elm Street?)
- What do we feel about Lucas putting his kids in these movies? General thoughts about child actors.
- Famous Australians.
- Thanks to and from Kelly for this week. We all had a blast.
- Plugs for SWM on social media.
- 30:23 podcast episode length.
- On the SWMLS, there has been some debate on the proper way to say "queuing" in American English. It turns out that this is a form of regionalism, and people from New York, and other parts of the East Coast including New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and parts of Philadelphia say they are waiting "on line", whereas people in the rest of the country wait "in line". These phrases are interchangeable.
- Contrary to popular belief, Sarah Palin never said "I can see Russia from my house". That honor goes to Tina Fey, performing her celebrated Sarah Palin impersonation. Sarah Palin actually said that you can see parts of Russia from parts of Alaska (which is true), and implied that this made her an expert at Russian foreign relations (which does not follow). The Alaskan island Little Diomede (the closest to Russian Territory) is a mere 2½ miles from Big Diomede, which lies in Russian waters . Additionally, on a clear day from the westernmost point of mainland North America (Cape Prince of Wales, AK), one can see Siberia (54 miles distance) with the naked eye.
- During her brief stint as Governor, Sarah Palin resided at the Governor's Mansion in Juneau, AK. After her unsuccessful run for Vice President of the United States, she returned to her family home on the shores of Lake Lucille in Wasilla, AK. Russia is not visible from either location and at the closest is more than 1,000 km away.
- Alex: (As a droid therapist) Tell me about your mother...mother...mother.
- Alex: They would use the space bar a lot more. Kelly: ...in space.
- Kelly: More like "Attack of the Jett Lucas".