Attack of the Clones Minute 36: Alex P. Keaton
(Redirected from Attack of the Clones 36)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 2nd, 2017
The great, gloomy hold is crowded with emigrants and their belongings.
- Starts with the pancake droid telling R2 to get lost, and ends with Anakin stumbling through another pickup line.
- Aqualish and Ishi Tib refugees.
- What droid would you want? One that makes pancakes.
- Moments of normalcy in the galaxy.
- Mentioned: the Knights of the old Republic video games.
- Referenced: Snowpiercer.
- "You look completely different"—is this supposed to be lampshading the fact that Anakin is now a played by a different actor?
- The softer side of the Force.
- Anakin comes from a Jedi lineage known for bending the rules.
- Mentioned: From a certain point of view.
- What would Anakin be like if he was being trained by Qui-Gon? Would he still have become Darth Vader?
- Obi-Wan is very "by the book" in the Prequels.
- Referenced: Alex P. Keaton from "Family Ties".
- Deleted scene of Anakin waking from a nightmare.
- Clunky "psychedelia lyrics" dialog.
- Anakin's maturity level. The character of Anakin as an extremely sheltered teenager.
- Hayden Christiansen's acting chops.
- Lucas not wanting to do many takes.
- Anakin is speaking like an alien learning human speech.
- Anakin's grasp of "compassion".
- Anakin turns every comment back toward his feelings for Padmé.
- How does Padmé actually feel about Anakin? It seems like she feels nothing at all, so when they hook up it comes as a complete surprise.
- Padmé is into bad boys.
- Plug for starwarsminute.com/merch
- 22:11 podcast episode length.
- The KOTOR card game is called 'Pazaak'.
- Riley actually saw Jumper.
- Riley: Alexa: Gimme pancakes!
- Pete: I guess I should go... find a "Darth" or something.
- Alex: What is love? Riley: Baby don't hurt me.
- Pete: (as Padmé) Thank you, Artoo. (as Anakin) <quickly> OUR TWO LIVES should be...combined...