Attack of the Clones Minute 48: Plain Hamburger
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 18th, 2017
Thousands of stormtroopers, faces covered by helmets, are marching and drilling in formations of several hundred.
- Starts with Taun We explaining Jango’s pay structure. Ends with Anakin and Padmé enjoying a picnic.
- Same music as when the droid army was assembling in Episode I.
- New Padmé outfit (number 7) Picnic dress.
- In addition to his pay, Jango wanted an unaltered clone for himself with no genetic enhancements or modifications. This is like a man ordering a plain hamburger with no lettuce or cheese or anything, which is somewhat unusual.
- Would you want to raise a clone of yourself?
- Depends, is it a “plain” clone or does it come with some barbecue sauce?
- People in Pete’s family look a lot alike, so he is currently living this reality.
- If you were to raise of clone of yourself, what modifications would you get?
- You could pull a Boys from Brazil.
- Mentioned: Primer (2004).
- How well is Jango geting paid? He's still taking bounty hunting jobs. He should have gotten royalties per clone.
- Clones getting worse as you continue to make copies of copies of copies.
- What happens to the reject clones.
- Even though this is all CGI, it's not too much CGI.
- Shaak facts:
- They are digitally inserted multiple times into the movie.
- Gungan Shaak herder named Peppi Bow.
- Their butts are blubber, so they should be back-heavy and would probably fall over.
- Comparison of burger shacks.
- Plug for starwarsminute.com/amazon.
- 23:22 podcast episode length.
- Link to the news story about the twins finding out they were triplets.
- Not a single clone trooper suit was built for either Episode II or III. In Attack of the Clones, they used motion capture on the CGI techs themselves, whereas in Episode III they used actual members of the military.
- The episode of the Clone Wars cartoon that Pete referenced was episode 8 from season one. It has the unfortunate title of "Bombad Jedi".
- We don't yet know if the clones are good guys or bad guys, but we suspect that they're bad guys.
- Alex: What modifications would you want on your clone? Pete: Ketchup.
- Ricky: I'll take a stooge.
- Pete: C-3PO and Jar Jar on the planet of the Greedos.
- Pete: I think it's called "flangeing a harble".