Attack of the Clones Minute 64: The Same Wum-Wum
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 9th, 2017
Jango Fett's ship lifts off from the platform and heads up into the lowering sky. It disappears. Lightning flashes.
- Starts with Jango scaling the platform, and ends with an H-type Nubian yacht landing on Tatooine.
- Jango hits his head om the closing door, callback to the stormtrooper who hit yes head in Star Wars.
- Star Wars planets are each only one environment. What new environments are left?
- Tornado planet? Earthquake planet? Maybe a giant flower planet?
- Clothing in Star Wars and gender inequality.
- Obi-Wan gratuitously uses the Force to open the door.
- Maybe they're really automatic doors; he gestures right and the door opens left.
- Jango is winded after his fight.
- Slave I is an inconveniently-designed ship.
- Richard Hatch's characters in the original and the remake of Battlestar Galactica.
- Problematic propulsion systems in Star Wars.
- Thrusters/flame jets vs. repulsorlift; if some things can hover silently, how come you need gouts of flame to lift a tiny R2 ubit? Why don't they have the same wum-wum that a landspeeder has?
- They Might Be Giants.
- Who really won the Clone Wars?
- The Prequels water down Boba Fett.
- Asterios stands up for Josh Trank.
- The Naboo yacht is super conspicuous and ostentatious.
- Riddle: what's a Jawa's favorite adult beverage? Answer
- Plug for http://www.starwarsminute.com/amazon
- 25:48 podcast episode length.
- Contrary to popular belief, the Coriolis force has very little to do with how water drains from the toilet.
- This is the first time Pete's "real name" is ever uttered in the show.
- Numerous times during this episode, the hosts or guests get to close the show because of bad puns.
- If Ralph and Asterios ever do start They Might Be Podcasting, the show would run from "13" to "Zeroes". Interestingly, Alphabeatical began with a 12 (for "12-bar Original").
- 'Zuvio, Constable' is a reference to the Roll Call of Heroes.
- In episode 6 of Season 3 of Star Wars Rebels, they tie up the loose end about who really won the Clone war.
- Our guests do a local news-style intro
Ralph: (Cheesy news anchor voice) ...and I'm Ralph Attanasia coming to you live from the STAR WARS MINUTE news desk in Manhattan, New York City. Over to you, Asterios! Asterios: This is Asterios Kokkinos with the weather. On Kamino it's always raining! It's weird. Yes that's right, in this universe entire set pieces happen in only one easy-to-point-to climate! Whether you're on a desert, in a forest, in a snow thing, or on a beach, you will always know that you're somewhere in the Star Wars universe. Ralph: And our eye in the sky with traffic in the Slave I traffic copter, it's young Boba Fett! Boba how ya doin' up there buddy? Alex: (as young Boba) Dad, get 'im! Ralph: Good God, do we hate him.
- Ralph: I'm just gonna wear a sports bra and jeggings.
- Ralph: My notes for this minute are just a picture of me with my eyes X'ed out and my tongue hanging out.
- Pete: Maybe he [Jango] stole it [Slave I] from like an owl. Alex: Who?
- Pete: Sometimes space prostitutes are just the answer.
- Alex and then Asterios: I'm here to see The Retailer.
- Ralph: I'm sorry. Asterios, let's take our free observations of whatever's going on elsewhere. I know the guys who do the Alphabeatical podcast.
- Ralph: (exasperated) Jangle dangle fingle fangle [...] anyone can hit their head on a door!
- Ralph and Asterios: <dueling Sheevs>.
- Asterios: You're Fox! You're run by a literal Australian supervillain. You're the reason we have bad presidents!
- Ralph: Let's escape under cover of midday in the biggest car in the county.
- Alex and then Asterios: You're gonna get Jawas.