Empire Minute 35: His Zip-It Finger
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 28th, 2014
Chewie lets out a relieved shriek at seeing Han and Leia running toward the ship. The Wookiee runs out into the falling ice, lets out a howl, then runs up the ship's ramp. Han and Leia run up the ramp after him, closely followed by Threepio.
- Han calls C-3PO "Goldenrod"
- First time we see the Falcon interior this film.
- First appearance of the Wookiee sauna/steamy makeout room.
- Vader is leading from the front (because of his obsession with Luke).
- He is more Kirk than Picard in that respect because he goes on the away mission.
- David Prowse definitely couldn't see where he was going in this scene.
- Threepio's look to the camera during his comedy bit.
- á la Oliver Hardy, Mr. Roper, and every modern TV character.
- Who convinced Han to go back for C-3PO? How?
- Chewie? Because they need him to help with repairs, or because Chewie is looking for a chess partner.
- But we don't know if C-3PO knows how to play.
- Han's fondness for obscure crayon colors.
- Referenced: Wilson, the volleyball from Castaway, the Evacuation code signal, the after credits sting from Airplane!.
- Darth Vader's cape(s).
- Callback to Star Wars Minute 60
- 25:23 podcast episode length.
- "Permanent Residents" as the sequel to The Trial of General Rieekan and The Sad Death of K-3PO.
- Origin of "Permanent Residents" as SWM-Canon.
- Han also did the "zip it" science finger in the Holiday Special.
- Mentioned: Ralph McQuarrie, Irvin Kershner.
- Pete tells a traumatic story from childhood where he imitated Han's silence finger.
- Mike: I feel like a real little boy.
- Alex: Regular Kinkos customer: Han Solo.
- Alex: "Toilet bowl thing." I don't know what I was going for there... I still have the poop hatch on my mind.
- Pete: (as Vader) I can't see behind me! Alex: I can barely see in front of me!