Jedi Minute 92: Throwing Darths
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
May 12th, 2015
Luke reacts. The Emperor notes it.
- Starts with the Emperor inspecting Luke's lightsaber, and ends with the Emperor saying "Your friends are walking into—"
- Great Mark Hamill acting.
- Mentioned: You'll be dead!
- Luke's destiny is to end the Empire by ending the Emperor. How this is separate from his mission to confront Vader.
- Forced (no pun intended) transition from talking about lightsabers to why Vader can't be turned. Feels rehearsed.
- Why is the Emperor (and Obi-Wan & Yoda) so confident that Vader cannot be turned? It's like being an addict.
- Does Sheev still worry about personal hygiene?
- Referenced: The Naked Emperor.
- The scene where Mace Windu melts his face, and the physical consequences of using the Dark side.
- Why he needs a healthy young apprentice.
- Darth Vader hedging his bets.
- The Emperor doesn't have years to corrupt Luke; he gives him the crash course on turning to the Dark side.
- Does the Emperor have a "Darth" name picked out?
- The Emperor does nothing to "sweeten the pot" to get Luke to turn.
- Sanctuary moon.
- Joseph will be back tomorrow.
- Check out ways to Support the Show.
- 20:59 podcast episode length.
- Alex's inability to pronounce "Dr. Evazan" is a bit of a running joke.
- An 8-DAY-GREEDO call in a future episode addresses the Dutch word for "son".