Jedi Minute 98: Chicken Sandwiches
(Redirected from ROTJ 98)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
May 20th, 2015
All hell breaks loose as hundreds of Ewoks throw their fuzzy bodies into the fray against the assembled stormtroopers and their awesome two-legged walkers.
- Starts with the Ewoks sounding the battle horn and ends with an AT-ST walking into the fray, about to start mowing down Ewoks like crazy.
- Return of the squeeky air release sound.
- The character arc of Stormtroopers. They started out as the Empire's best troops, and now all military discipline has broken down.
- "Action from chaos".
- Sloppy extras. Mentioned: Airplane!
- One Ewok shoots early. Referenced: Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
- Arrows are pointless (literally and figuratively).
- How many Ewoks are there?
- Chewie Wookiee rage.
- Recurring question: are they clones?
- Does this movie work as a Vietnam analogy?
- Mentioned: Rambo.
- The Empire never considered the Ewoks a threat. Mentioned: Avatar.
- Leia is an amazing (or very lucky) shot.
- Greedo website.
- Eric worked on Sith and was personally overseen by Lucas from free time to time. What scenes he did previz for.
- The ultimate Star Wars Minute question: What does George Lucas smell like?.
- Pronunciation of Kashyyyk and the proper name for lightsabers.
Eric saw Empire as a double feature with Alien (1979) when he was 6 or 7.
- Ewok cuteness vs. effectiveness as killing machines.
- Referenced: Kenobiist theory.
- Support the Show.
- 30:12 podcast episode length.
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call. Fan edits of Star Wars available at http://fanedit.org. Additionally, "vaporator" and "condenser" may in fact be synonyms.
- Eric is the first guest of the show to have worked directly for Lucasfilm, but he will not be the last. Another notable Lucasfilm alum and future guest of the show is Juan Luis Sanchez.
- We first heard the squeeky sound in minute 58
- Alex is a notable fan of studying Nixon and his presidency.
- Biathlon has been a part of the Winter Olympics since 1960 and combines cross country skiing and rifle shooting. The "Modern pentathlon" is a competition meant to test the skills required by a modern (at the time it was developed) soldier. It has been included in the Summer Olympics since 1912.
- Since Eric has inside knowledge about the making of Revenge of the Sith, he occasionally called in to the show to offer behind the scenes info or answer specific questions. These calls were played on SWM:WE around the time the relevant minutes aired on the main feed.
- Alex: The Emperor, unlike Richard Nixon, was like...pure evil. Pete: Unlike Richard Nixon.
- Greedo fansite (archived February 1999)