Jedi Minute 124: Mister T's Milk
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 124)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 25th, 2015
Han looks down from the sky to Leia, a look of concern on his face. Leia continues to look at the sky as though listening for a silent voice.
- Starts with Han saying "...dontcha." and ends with horns sounding victory.
- Horn sound swiped from The Ten Commandments (1956).
- Wrapping up the Han-Leia storyline.
- Last spoken line of dialog by a human in the movie: "He's my brother".
- Shout-out to fellow iFanboy Conor Kilpatrick. All three of the iFanboy crew have now been on for Jedi.
- Ewok party horns.
- Spring break on Endor.
- How to pronounce Kashyyyk.
- Referenced: Krelman from the Holiday Special.
- Dialog is very soap opera-y.
- Acting choices in this scene and in the movie and the various (especially chemical) reasons behind them.
- Critiquing the kissing.
- Leia has passively accepted that Luke is/could be her brother; it really should have been a bigger deal.
- How much do Luke and Leia know about their personal histories? How much do they tell the others?
- Which droids get their memories erased? Mentioned: Flowers for Algernon. Referenced: HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- Ewok interruption.
- Similarity to the end of Temple of Doom.
- Ron's ROTJ memories.
- He is pro-Ewok. He was 6 so he was right in the Ewok-zone.
- He identified with Malakili and felt bad for him.
- To this day he laughs at the Ewok antics.
- Ron ranks the movies.
- Writing college essays about our favorite movies.
- Blade Runner putting people to sleep.
- Mentioned Mister T's Milk.
- Other moments Ron would have wanted to comment on.
- Give the show an
honestgood review on iTunes.
- 30:26 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: Alex ordered them a 4-lb sack of Osetra Golden Imperial Caviar for $9600 by going to starwarsminute.com/amazon.
- At the standard affiliate payment rate of 4.0% of purchase price, this purchase would (back when the affiliate link still worked) have earned the guys $384.
- Despite the lush, Northern California-like environs, Endor has only 8% surface water, according to Wookieepedia.
- At the time this episode aired, Pete had not purchased Star Wars movies since the '97 Special Edition VHSes. He has since broken that streak.
- The IndieGoGo campaign for The Prequels Strike Back: A Fan's Journeys was fully funded by the time it closed in July of 2015. The documentary has since been digitally released.
- Mr. T played B. A. Baracus on "The A-Team". His character famously had a fear of flying, and the team had to try many elaborate tricks to get him on a plane. As a teetotaler, B. A. preferred milk to alcohol.
- Alex: I have it on good authority of a lying ghost.
- Alex: *brightly* Hello, I'm an Ewok! Hey kids, I'm the last image you see in the movie! Bye-bye!
- Ron: That's [Temple of Doom is] my least favorite Indiana Jones movie. Alex: Worse than Crystal Skull? Ron: What's "Crystal Skull"?
- Alex: Your six-year-old self doesn't get a vote. Sorry kid, you had your shot.
- Alex: Mr. Teat.