Jedi Minute 126: The Cartwheeling Ewok
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 126)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 29th, 2015
Rebels and Ewoks rejoice in the warm glow of firelight, drums beating, singing, dancing, and laughing in the communal language of victory and liberation.
- Starts with the opening of the Ewok celebration song, and ends a minute later with Luke staring off into the distance, never his mind on where he was; what he was doing.
- The denouement.
- 'Vest-on-vest' action.
- Score is a little out of sync with the helmet percussion.
- No dialog.
- This scene was filmed on day 8 of shooting.
- Funeral pyre was in the woods of Northern California (not far from the Lucasfilm Ranch), but everything else was on the sound stage.
- Denis Lawson was there at special request by George Lucas.
- Ewok Celebration song (Yub Nub) (non-Special Edition).
- Why are the Ewoks celebrating? It seems like they were doing alright before the Rebels came.
- Attitudes toward the Ewoks. David hates them.
- Man-eating Ewoks.
- Small creatures (Oompa Loompas, Ewoks, etc.) doing cartwheels.
- Meco's rap version (skip to 1:17) of the Ewok Celebration song.
- Did the whole fleet come down to party? The effect on the local ecology after the Rebels leave.
- Clean/new outfits.
- All the pilots are X-wing pilots. Satellite parties.
- Wedge's kill-count.
- Nicki the Ewok.
- Played by Nicki Reade.
- The Ewoks keeping the captured Imperials to fatten them up. Mentioned: Apocalypse Now.
- Joseph Williams is like "Sebastian Shaw's eyebrows" in that all of his work has since been erased in subsequent special editions.
- This is the first time Luke and Leia have seen each other since the bridge scene; he didn't tell her he was going off to burn their dead father.
- What is actually being burned.
- Darth Vader scarecrow.
- How the acting is affected by the fact that this was one of the earlier scenes shot.
- Nien Nunb was number nine on the callsheet.
- How names are pronounced.
- Referenced: Ewoks fear hats.
- David will be back tomorrow.
- Support the Show.
- 32:12 podcast episode length.
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call: since they never actually say the word 'Ewok' in the movie, what should their proper name be in the new Canon? Short hairy Endorian bears ("Shebs" for short).
- David is the final regular guest of the season. At the top of the show, Alex said he would have the whole 5-episode week but that later turns out not to be the case.
- The discussion of "freedom" is likely in reference to the US military's Operation Iraqi Freedom and the marketing aimed at garnering support for the war effort.
- The "club version" of Meco's Ewok celebration song plays as the closing theme to the end of this season.
- Both Nicki the Ewok and the actor portraying him are male. Nicki (Nicky) is short for Nicholas.
- Pete: Have a beer! Here's a bear!
- Pete: (as Leia) So how did it go with Dad? (as Luke) Oh yeah. See that fire that I just made? That's Dad.
- Ewok cartwheels for one hour