Jedi Minute 132: So Long, and Thanks for All the Ewoks
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 132)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
July 7th, 2015
Pete and Alex wrap up the Original Trilogy
- More credits.
- Only 42 seconds.
- No one else named Peter.
- George Walton Lucas facts.
- Only directed a handful of movies (22-year hiatus between Star Wars and The Phantom Menace).
- Instead of asking for more money for directing Star Wars, he got a cut of the merchandise sales.
- What else you could get $4.05 billion (the purchase price of Lucasfilm).
- Thank you to George Lucas for making all of this possible. Referenced: "Welcome Back" (song by John Sebastian).
Thank you one and all
- Thanks to Kristen and Ella (the Star Wars Minute success) for support, collaboration, and for being guests.
- Thanks to Baby The Retailer, and to Dan and Ruthie (Pete's in-laws) for being some of their earliest and biggest supporters.
- Thank you to http://LessAccounting.com for being the first ever sponsor of the show.
- Thanks to Dan Whitley.
- Thanks to Pete's mom and Alex's dad for taking them to see Star Wars in the first place.
- Thank you to all the supporters on Patreon.
- Thanks to all the guests.
- 68 as of this recording.
- Thanks to all the listeners!
- The Phantom Menace Minute will begin by January (but see below), but the guys will back for a couple hiatus episodes.
- Thank you to Pete for producing and editing the show, and for conceiving the minute-by-minute format.
- 17:15 podcast episode length.
- The name of this episode is a reference to Douglas Adam's So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish.
- It is one of only a handful of episodes where the title was not taken from a quote from the show itself.
- Cold open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call from Chris Radtke. One last ditch attempt to get the guys to not do the Prequels.
- The guys actual end their hiatus nearly two months early, beginning their next season in November.
- Here Alex reveals that he's never listened to an episode of the show.
- This episode does not use the normal closing theme for the ROTJ season; it uses a version of the Ewok Celebration song.
- After wrapping up the Original Trilogy, the guys began the hiatus. The next episode to be dropped in the feed is the special analyzing the Phantom Menace trailer, and then the hiatus officially ended in November.
- Pete: ...analyze, scrutinize, and finalize.
- Alex: America, you are so dumb.
- Pete and Alex: (in unison) ...Star Wars Minute.