Jedi Minute 129: The Topps Boys
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 129)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
July 2nd, 2015
Part II of the closing credits.
- Second full minute of credits.
- Starts with the credit for Kenny Baker and ends with the credit for Bob Walker, decor and lettering artist.
- Chris is filling in for David Hahn, who
mysteriously vanishedcouldn't make it back today.
- Lettering, in-universe. Mentioned Micronauts, Futurama.
- The credits in this movie are quite brief by modern standards.
- Yes, Kenny Baker is in there. He used to have higher billing.
- Mentioned: Commander Mamill.
- Naming every character with screen time.
- Referenced: Eskimo words for snow.
- Pete goes through and picks out all the 'Petes' and 'Peters' in the credits.
- Peter Diamond. Among many other roles, he played Prescott, the first guy Luke Skywalker killed (at least on screen). Mentioned: Unidentified Weequay Skiff commander. Together with Olympic fencer Bob Anderson, he basically invented lightsaber combat.
- Peter Hancock - prop master. Referenced: Who were they in Superman?, mentioned: Never Say Never Again.
- Chris ranks the movies.
- He begs our hosts not to do the Prequels.
- Watching all 6 of the original Star Wars movies at the same time.
- The actors who played Darth Vader on the big screen screen.
- Support the Show over upcoming the Hiatus.
- 26:00 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: Ad for Star Wars Minute mug,
availableat http://www.starwarsminute.com/merch (RIP).
- Although several people ha a hand in creating Aurebesh, Stephen Crane from West End Games is the one who transformed it from the lettering seen on screen into an actual usable alphabet and gave it the name which is still in use today. This will be brought up tomorrow.
- Although Peter Diamond played Native Tatooiner URoRRuR'R'R, that name is now Legends, and the Canon name of this character is the much more pedestrian "A'Koba".
- Peter Diamond actually passed away in 2004, more than ten years before this episode aired.
- This is the episode (on the main feed) when the gang officially announced that they would be coming back to do the Prequels.
- The dude that Pete is thinking of who played only the gloved hands of Darth Vader is named Harold Cole.
- Chris and then Alex: ...You know what? Shove him [Kenny] up under the X-wing[...].
- Chris: <x3> (in response to Pete and Alex's decision to cover the Prequels) You're making a terrible mistake.