Jedi Minute 21: Stinky Calrissian
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 21)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 2nd, 2015
Han is dragged off, as Lando quickly moves forward and attempts to lead Leia away.
- Starts with Jabba informing Han that it's too late to make a bargain.
- Ends with Han Solo downstairs in the dungeon.
- Dan is a first time podcast guest and a big fan of Return of the Jedi.
- Han make very elaborate hand gestures in this scene.
- Return of the Jedi has a very broad dramatic theme although it may be the silliest movie of the original trilogy.
- Bantha poodoo and what it is. The term certainly makes Salacious Crumb, and everyone else, laugh.
- Salacious Crumb is in charge of the laugh track in the palace; if he laughs at one of Jabba's joke then it's OK for everyone else to laugh too.
- The tone of Jabba's Palace versus the Cantina in A New Hope.
- Bib Fortuna laughs at "take him away" even though nobody else does.
- Bib Fortuna and how he does, or doesn't, fit in at the palace (a.k.a. Jessie Pinkman's house).
- There is a staircase in the background with aliens lined up on it. Mentioned: The Brady Bunch.
- This movie could have been a lot worse given that it was made in 1983 when there was a LOT of over-the-top stuff going on.
- Celebrity cameos that could have been used in the movie.
- A Return of the Jedi musical.
- Mentioned: Kinect Star Wars "dance-along" game on the Xbox.
- The Original Trilogy as a Huttese opera.
- The 2-hour supercut version of the Prequels.
- Jabba instantly has plans for Leia and her powerful friends. He licks his lips in anticipation.
- The guy who takes Han away in this scene and his back story. He is an Imperial Spy, originally there to spy on Jabba's Palace, that went native. He may be Willrow Hood in disguise as they look similar.
- Does Jabba say "Lando, bring her to me"? Pete thinks so - and this means that Jabba knew Lando was there the whole time.
- Maybe Lando means something in Huttese - stinky? Stinky Calrissian.
- C-3PO can't bear to watch Jabba and Leia. What it would be like to have C-3PO or any droid in your house. Mentioned: Roombas.
- Why is C-3PO even in the shape of a human? He should be a small floating droid. Mentioned: The androids in Interstellar <movie>.
- This minute ends on the second laugh of Salacious Crumb.
Dan dressed up as Salacious Crumb for Halloween when hes was five. His Dad made the costume by hand and it was really cool. Return of the Jedi was the first Star Wars movie that Dan saw in the theater. He has the photos to prove it. Salacious Crumb is a niche character and is a creepy costume for a five year old to wear. Dan loved Salacious Crumb: He was a major character in the behind the scenes / making of documentary about the movie. He attacks C-3PO, who Dan thought was an annoying character as a kid. He's funny and small.
- What Salacious Crumb would do with Lego.
- Tales from Jabba's Palace to be discussed in future podcast episodes.
- Support the Show.
- 24:44 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open - 8-DAY-GREEDO call - The tauntaun head on the wall at Jabba's Palace, how it got there and how this relates to Dengar.
- Wermo's Complete guide to Huttese doesn't list an entry for either "Lando" or "Stinky", but it does define "Poodo" as 1. fodder; 2. poop.
- Alex: And as a bonus, he roughed-up C-3PO.