Jedi Minute 69: Not My Lightsaber
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 69)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
April 9th, 2015
The group finds itself hanging upside down in an Ewok net, suspended high above the clearing.
- Starts with Han saying he doesn't get it, and ends with the cold dead eyes of Paploo the Ewok staring at us.
- First appearance of Teebo.
- Han doesn't seem to get "eating" as a concept.
- Ewoks are like Amish Wookiees or Teddy bear space hippies.
- Referenced: Mouse Trap.
- Artoo's gadgets.
- Yoda's species? Referenced: Dr. Demento, Weird Al; "Yoda".
- Artoo cuts one rope and the whole trap collapses.
- How much does Artoo weigh?
- More if Kenny Baker is in there.
- How come Luke can't reach his lightsaber?
- Han accidentally pinching Luke's butt. Mentioned: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.
- Artoo as a Gatling gun of lightsabers.
- Luke and Artoo training to pitch/catch the lightsaber.
- Ewok Factoid:
- Ewok Jedi?
- What species get to be Jedi?
- Skippy the Force-sensitive droid.
- Other dumb Expanded universe stuff.
- Luuke and Luuuke.
- Luuke and Luuuke.
- Only actor to play a different character in each of the OT Star Wars films. He has his J.U.E (see below).
- Terry Gilliam movies.
- Gone too soon.
Asterios ROTJ memories He caught onto Star Wars later in life, which is surprising considering how into Star Trek he is. He first saw ROTJ as a remastered VHS before the Special Editions. Asterios doesn't care for the Jabba's sail barge massacre, unlike most other guests. It sets a strange tone, and isn't a "more elegant weapon". Luke being more at risk of turning to the Dark side. Parallel to Anakin murdering the Tusken Raiders in Episode II.
- Fighting non-Jedi with your lightsaber.
- One way or another, everybody left on Jabba's barge is toast.
- Plug for the upcoming live show at Star Wars Celebration, and SWM on social media.
- 26:22 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: plug for John Ingle and "Dodd Skalle".
- Yoda's race and birthplace have never been revealed in either canonical or E.U. sources. However, some fans have come to know them as "Yodans" and "Yodaria", respectively.
- E.G.O.T. stands for "Emmy", "Grammy", "Oscar", and "Tony". To earn your EGOT is to win the major award given for performance in each of the following: Television, Music, Movie, and Theater, respectively.
- Pete: What, you want to go live in a world with holographic pornography? Alex: Wait, come back!
- Alex: <in response to Asterios getting a Star Wars-related fact wrong> We'll edit it out, we'll protect your cred. We'll edit it out. Asterios: Thank you. Phew! Pete: *whispering* We're not going to edit that out.
- Alex: "Jediewok".
- Pete: Here's my Jedi card.