Star Wars Minute 38: Modest Hairstyles
(Redirected from SWM 38)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
July 24th, 2013.
We meet Grand Moff Tarkin.
- We get to know Grand Moff Tarkin a little better.
- The Imperial Senate (also referred to as the Council) has been dissolved.
- Darth Vader appears to be Grand Moff Tarkin's body-guard or right-hand man.
- It is suggested that the Rebels might exploit a weak point in the Death Star.
- The Emperor is mentioned, as is The Force.
- Grand Moff Tarkin as a great character.
- Peter Cushing as the second 'big' actor in Star Wars (after Alec Guinness). They bring gravitas to the movie.
- The Imperial Senate in the Prequels.
- How corrupt did the Senate really get?
- Movie plot links to events that occurred in the World Wars.
- George Lucas' personal political philosophy.
- Admiral Motti's excessive pride over the Death Star - "The ultimate power in THE UNIVERSE!".
- A common sci-fi trope "The best in the galaxy, universe etc".
- Background Imperial officers in this scene (e.g. Wullf Yularen, Chief Bast).
- Modest or restrained hairstyles and facial hair in this scene and the movie in general (especially for 1970s sci-fi).
- No chair for Darth Vader around the conference table. Given this, what exactly is Vader's place in the hierarchy?
- Not showing the Emperor in the movie.
- Vader's strong belief in The Force (similar to Ben's).
- The concept of doing a podcast about each minute of only the talking scenes in Star Wars.
- 17:41 podcast episode length.