Last Jedi Minute 4: The Monitor Family
(Redirected from The Last Jedi 4)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 4th, 2021
Poe Dameron gives the First Order a call
- Starts with General Hux being notified that there's a Resistance ship approaching and ends with Hux announcing to Poe that he and his friends are doomed.
- This is Carrie Fisher's first posthumous appearance on-screen.
- Blustery Hux arrives in this minute. Poe and Hux are intentionally over the top.
- Communications officer is Armitage Hux's First Order monitor. What if that was her actual name? Referenced: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- First Order officer uniforms have names on cuffs that are tributes to officer's past. Hers' says 'Ro', which means she's a sergeant.
- Played by Kate Dickie.
- Who were they in Superman? She was in "Game of Thrones". Also Prometheus, where she played a character named Ford (reverse fever dream?)
- Is this nominative determinism, or did Hux never bother to learn her real name? Maybe she comes from a long line of Monitors - the Monitor family.
- Poe's X-wing.
- The first thing he does is un-lock his S-foils (Lock them into retreat position). That may be a design flaw if you can't make a call if it's in attack position.
- Happy beeps. Referenced: Happy Feet, Heartbeeps (1981). Shoutout to former guest of the show Jennifer Landa
- Happy beeps podcast—Tony Thaxton did the theme song.
- Poe's prank call bit is divisive.
- The Imperial hold music would be a jazzy version of the Imperial March.
- "General Hugs"
- Expanding on what Star Wars is through humor. Compare and contrast with Han Solo "We're all fine here, how are you?"
- Domhnall Gleeson.
- How you pronounce his name.
- His expansive and lauded career.
- Player in three different theme park attractions.
|Try and guess his top 4 projects (as listed on IMDB) |
Hint: Star Wars and Harry Potter didn't make the cut.
|1. Ex Machina (2014)|
|2. Frank (2014)|
|3. About Time (2013)|
|4. Anna Karenina (2012)|
- Re-introduction to Carrie Fisher's Leia.
- I'm with the droid on this one.
- General Princess Leia Organa Solo. Would Leia take Han's name? How come Ben Solo has his father's last name?
- The book is different than the movie: Han Solo's funeral (overseen by Leia). She uses the eulogy as a chance to give the Rebels a pep-talk.
- Referenced: Keeps.
- Reminder: we're on video.
- Rate, review and subscribe and listen on Spotify.
- 26:15 podcast episode length.
- Pointed out by User:Saiseeeeee Tiin on the SWMLS message board: In this minute BB-8 was confirmed to be saying "I have a bad feeling about this", which is why Poe replies with the 'Happy Beeps' line.
- Reference to the Saessee Tin running joke.
- Wookieepedia lists Leia's full name as Leia Skywalker Organa Solo.
- Pete: "Sergeant General Armitage Hux's First Order Monitor" There's your band name.
- Pete: I don't watch movies. Outside of Star Wars one minute at a time.
- Audio only