Phantom Menace Minute 24: Plan B
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 24)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 24th, 2015
Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Jar Jar sneak across on a walkway above the plaza and jump from a balcony to begin an attack to rescue the Queen.
- Starts with Jar Jar telling the Jedi that they are "bombad", and ends with "the Queen" making a decision about whether they should stay or go.
- First time that "bombad" is used.
- Clear shot of Saché
- Played by Sofia Coppola.
- First time "Coruscant" is mentioned.
- Referenced: Poochie from the Simpsons.
- Ralph is not a big fan of this movie.
- Sio Bibble is super ungrateful to the Jedi for rescuing them.
- Ring theory: Minute 24 of ROTJ features Luke coming to rescue his friends from Jabba.
- Mentioned: Spoilers, Luke is Darth Vader's son.
- Captain Panaka is being Mr. Negative yet again.
- Limited numbers of bad guys.
- Referenced: Willow (1988).
- Qui-Gon points out that the Federation's plan makes no sense (lampshading?).
- Spin-off: "Hogan's Heroes" but in the Nemoidian camps on Naboo.
- Qui-Gon says "destroy" rather than kill. They rarely say "kill" in these movies.
- Mentioned: You'll be dead!
- Sabé is looking to Padmé to figure out what they should do next.
- Is she telling her the correct decision in code? She says "we are brave", and since "brave" starts with "b", they should choose plan B, which is to go.
- Sio Bibble's voice is nearly always dubbed in.
- Referenced: Jigsaw Killer from the Saw film franchise.
- Complex, pristine costumes in this movie (vs. the Original Trilogy).
- Referenced: Alphabeatical, A Cosmic Christmas.
- 23:42 podcast episode length.
- Lou Costello (of Abbott and Costello fame) was actually born in Paterson, NJ, which is about 20 km away from Jersey City.
- The tumors composed of semi-normal tissues like hair or teeth are called 'teratomas'. Don't Google it, they can be pretty gross.
- Saturn stopped making cars in 2010.
- Alex: You feel betrayed? I THINK betrayed.
- Ralph: If you were to cut me open, you would find inside blackness, hair and teeth.
- Alex and Ralph: <dueling Liverpudlian Obi-Wans>
- Pete: Put STAR WARS MINUTE in the fire...